cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Viair 400P, 400P-RV differences?

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
What accessories does the RV version include? Anything that an average RV'er would need? The 400P-RV is about the same price as the 450P. Unless there is something good included with the 400P-RV I'm leaning toward the 450P with its 100% duty cycle and lower amp draw or maybe the 400P at lower cost.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)
4 REPLIES 4

Nomad297_
Explorer
Explorer
The 450P is a great tool. If you buy the RV version, you get an additional length of hose and an additional pocket on the carrying case to store it. Plus, you get additional filling tools for dual wheels, etc. I don't have the RV version. I do have the 450P and it works well. I would have bought the RV version if it was available at the time. I think the RV version is a good bang for the buck.

Plus, to me, the 400P with its 33% duty cycle versus the 450P with its 100% duty cycle made it a no-brainier in choosing which one to buy.

Bruce

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
The two hoses together are very long. There is one fitting that is a bit handy. You can simply screw it onto the valve and walk away while it fills. If it over fills just disconnect and use the other tool to let air out.

I found a bracket made for them and mounted mine inside a compartment. Lengthening the power cord I am able to run it without removing it. If I need it for some other project it is held onto the bracket with wing nuts. The bag is just fluff for my use.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

Rangerider
Explorer
Explorer
Believe the "RV" units have 60 feet of hose vs 35.
Me & the Wife
2012 Thor Hurricane 32A
Future Toad: 2008 Honda CR-V

horizon36
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 450P but use it to air up my Jeep tires after wheeling. Great compressor. I looks like they add a angle head inflation tool in addition to the flex line. If you can use the regular flex line go for the unit you like.
Live Long and Prosper.

Home is where we park it.
FT since August 2010

'02 Itasca Horizon 36LD
'02 Jeep GC toad