cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Walking through campsites

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I'm I the only one that finds that rude? I've been at the beach for a week now, one spot back from the end and I have people constantly walking through our site, because they're too lazy to walk another 50 feet. These sites are not huge so they're walking right through our chairs, bikes etc.
Guess I'm just venting this morning.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion
112 REPLIES 112

ryegatevt
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think the moderators are on summer vacation...
Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our Sheltie

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
spoon059 wrote:
Reading comprehension is a tough skill, isn't it?

.... I would hope that you aren't violating the rules of the forum with personal attacks... ...

Ummmmm. Yeah. :R

pappcam
Explorer
Explorer
lakeside013104 wrote:
Dog Folks wrote:
pappcam wrote:
CampingN.C. wrote:
It's about respect, privacy and manners. Period. These are all very basic values I (thought) all campers shared. I'm obviously incorrect.

I agree. Kids don't really know any better sometimes so that's not such a big deal but an adult should really know better than to invade someone else's privacy.

I'm sure some people don't really care if you cut through but lots of people do find it rude and that should take precedence.

I think that part of the problem with adults is that they are from a generation that was never taught as children.

Dog Folks, You are absolutely correct! ๐Ÿ™‚

Lakeside

Nope. There are miserable and self-entitled seniors all over the place. This place seems to be living and breathing proof of that. The only thing that changes from generation to generation is the year on the calendar.

I almost feel sorry for the "Get off my lawn!" and "When I was a kid..." types that seem to be completely disillusioned about how it was "back in the old days".
2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
2011 F150 XLT 5.0

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
JaxDad wrote:
But what you are saying seems to be more like charging someone with trespassing if in a busy cafe they sat at the same table as you, after all it's YOUR table right?

There's a big difference between a residence and a parking spot.

When I go to the restaurant, I don't pay money to reserve the table, nor do I sign an agreement with the restaurant authorizing me certain rights to the table. Furthermore, I have never been to a restaurant that had a list of rules. Nice try...

Interesting point on the parking spot though. My father used to live in NYC. He paid for long term (in and out privileges) parking spot. If someone was parked in HIS spot, the spot that he paid money to have the right to use, they were trespassing and he could have it towed. Funny thing about parking spots in NYC... they have rules associated with it (kinda like in a campground) and there were consequences for disobeying the rules.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
This has to be one of the oddest forums on the internet. A simple topic about campers cutting thru their site ends up being about lawsuits, liablility, biting dogs blah blah blah.........bizarre.
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:
Want to see one of the big problems we have in this country? Look how many posters here want to talk law suits and who is liable for anything. Not so many years ago this was not a problem.

Very true, but people did not walk through your campsite either back then. Law suits are a result of frustrated people, they don't know where to turn.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Want to see one of the big problems we have in this country? Look how many posters here want to talk law suits and who is liable for anything. Not so many years ago this was not a problem.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
peaches&cream wrote:
I definitely am not a "internet lawyer". I have 21 yrs. of P&C Insurance experience. I sold Auto and Homeowners coverage. You will find out your rights soon enough without me worry about you. :S

Ha ha ha... Insurance salesman??? That's pretty close to the same level as lawyer in my eyes. Of course you are quick to point out potential liabilities... that's how you make money. No response to the tripping hazards, sharp corners, electric wires or anything else??? Come on, if you sold for 21 years you should be better than that!!!

:@

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think the concern with the "legalities" of ownership/rentership have overridden the idea of common courtesy.

If you are at the beach and lay out your beach towels and have your cooler, etc. in close proximity, while it's not illegal for someone to walk through your things, it is considered rude.

Same with a campsite. It may not be illegal to walk between my RV and the picnic table at my site, but it is rude. As some campers don't mind (and some even appear to enjoy the "camaraderie"), asking first may result in your being able to reduce your walking distance. But don't get mad if someone says no to your question and respect their wishes and walk around. And don't just do it without asking. Show some respect for others.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
spoon059 wrote:
JaxDad wrote:
Ummm, actually, NO, it's not your site, you have been granted a temporary license to use it on a non-exclusive use basis.

This is done to prevent a slide down a VERY slippery slope, starting with someone grumbling about kids cutting through and ending in violence, or worse.

Imagine if every camper had the right to tell the grounds care people to bugger off for the entire season?

I've witnessed on more than one occasion a camper told to mend their ways or vacate the park for such behaviour, and a snarling dog is certainly a guarantee of a one-way ticket out the front gate anywhere.

JaxDad... renting out my townhouse to a renter provided my renter a temporary license to use the property on a non exclusive basis as well. That doesn't give me the right to barge into the bedroom in the middle of the night, does it?

There's the problem, you can't tell the difference.

Your rented townhouse was a RESIDENCE, someone's HOME. No you couldn't barge in, not even an inch inside the front door at any time of the day or night.

It is hardly the same thing with a campsite. Inside your RV, sure I go along with that.

But what you are saying seems to be more like charging someone with trespassing if in a busy cafe they sat at the same table as you, after all it's YOUR table right?

There's a big difference between a residence and a parking spot.

clikrf8
Explorer
Explorer
Duplicate post, sorry.
2008 Ford F250 SuperDuty 4x4 Off Road Pkg Diesel Ranch Hand Sport Ride Right airbags
2013 Hallmark Ute LX
Toller Mousse: Chocolate Standard Poodle cross
Blitzen: Black Standard Poodle
Photography Website
Photography Blog

clikrf8
Explorer
Explorer
I really this has deteriorated to the point where it needs to be closed.
2008 Ford F250 SuperDuty 4x4 Off Road Pkg Diesel Ranch Hand Sport Ride Right airbags
2013 Hallmark Ute LX
Toller Mousse: Chocolate Standard Poodle cross
Blitzen: Black Standard Poodle
Photography Website
Photography Blog

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
peaches&cream wrote:
I definitely am not a "internet lawyer". I have 21 yrs. of P&C Insurance experience. I sold Auto and Homeowners coverage. You will find out your rights soon enough without me worry about you. :S

Ha ha ha... Insurance salesman??? That's pretty close to the same level as lawyer in my eyes. Of course you are quick to point out potential liabilities... that's how you make money. No response to the tripping hazards, sharp corners, electric wires or anything else??? Come on, if you sold for 21 years you should be better than that!!!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
I think a lot of it is newer campers. We camped as kids and no cutting through other's spots was drilled into us. Probably a good start on this would be this rule posted prominently among other rules. A friendly chat with offenders my be in order dependingโ€ฆ I don't like it either but it is pretty harmless if it doesn't happen continuously. If it does some action is in order.

Litter was the thing being cleaned up when I was a kid. It was far worse than today. Many respectable citizens of my grandparents generation thought nothing of throwing stuff out of the car (born about 1900). I can't see any overall trend towards selfishness, people are just people. The good the bad..