cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where have all the members gone on this forum?

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
Couldn't figure any other place to ask this question... I've been here since 2005. Have no idea how many posts I've done during that time. Back a several years ago I could ask a question about something and get numerous answers quickly. In the last couple of years I've noticed a very real decline in the activity on RV.NET. So, where has everybody gone? Other forums, Facebook, etc.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!
124 REPLIES 124

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
winnietrey wrote:
I get tired of the politics, seems like some folks (both on the left and right)
will take every possible opportunity, to interject their world view, no matter how of topic it is, complete with name calling. And act like they are authorities on ever subject. If someone says "in my opinion" that is one thing. But when they act like they are superior to the rest of us mere mortals that is hard to take

Just My opinion!!!

Hit that "Notify" button when the politics bother you. The mods may not agree with you that it's political, but it does absolutely no harm and points out things that we miss sometimes.

I've worked with the rest of the mods for 17 years or so and I believe we're all very good about calling balls & strikes where the politics are concerned. We may not see eye to eye on certain issues, but I think we get it right where politics are concerned.

My barometer for this is that we all kind of naturally take pokes at whoever is in office (which I personally agree with and think it's a vital part of our democracy). This means that I'm constantly deleting posts that bash our president and to a lesser degree our congress. This makes it look like I'm supporting the guy in office, which usually isn't the case. But if we have a blue guy in office and I delete the posts bashing him, then I'm a dumb lib. And if we have a red guy in office and I delete the posts against him, then I'm a fascist pig. I'm wrong either way, which kind of tells me I'm not that wrong.

Anyway, hit that Notify button if a post gets under your skin and I'll see what I can do.

The Notify Moderator feature hasn't worked for many months, maybe a few years. Is it working now?
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Reader1
Explorer
Explorer
Still here but not as often. Several years ago I wrote a post called, Mistakes we do not wish to repeat. There were 51 responses, and I laughed and laughed. Some were Yikes! moments, some could have ended badly, some cost money but almost all the responses were written by someone who at the time would not have found it funny but later could laugh. I wish I knew how to put it up and all the responses, but I don't know how. I do have it saved though.

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
I think you folks do a good job moderating; pretty thankless I would think. Pokes are one thing. Nothing wrong with that. It's the in-your-face venomous ones, that are what I was referring too. And I am guessing those hardcore posts drive away many more people than they attract

In my opinion, we have as a country, gotten meaner and more tribal then anytime I can recall. Pretty sad.

dedmiston
winnietrey wrote:
will take every possible opportunity, to interject their world view, no matter how of topic it is, complete with name calling. And act like they are authorities on ever subject. If someone says "in my opinion" that is one thing. But when they act like they are superior to the rest of us mere mortals that is hard to take

Just My opinion!!!

Hit that "Notify" button when the politics bother you. The mods may not agree with you that it's political, but it does absolutely no harm and points out things that we miss sometimes.

I've worked with the rest of the mods for 17 years or so and I believe we're all very good about calling balls & strikes where the politics are concerned. We may not see eye to eye on certain issues, but I think we get it right where politics are concerned.

My barometer for this is that we all kind of naturally take pokes at whoever is in office (which I personally agree with and think it's a vital part of our democracy). This means that I'm constantly deleting posts that bash our president and to a lesser degree our congress. This makes it look like I'm supporting the guy in office, which usually isn't the case. But if we have a blue guy in office and I delete the posts bashing him, then I'm a dumb lib. And if we have a red guy in office and I delete the posts against him, then I'm a fascist pig. I'm wrong either way, which kind of tells me I'm not that wrong.

Anyway, hit that Notify button if a post gets under your skin and I'll see what I can do.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
chuckbear wrote:
JoeH wrote:
chuckbear wrote:
I have posted a few times but after the snarky responses and a multitude of answers to questions I never asked. I have pretty much given up here. There are other forums out there that have people willing to respond with answers that actually pertain to my post. So that's where I go for help or information. Chuck

Hey Chuckbear--- can you list some of the other forums.... thanks

Joe, this will probably get removed but if you see it quick enough, one is here and the other is here. Chuck
Be aware the first other forum linked has a pronounced political element. If you can't swallow that stuff w/o responding, you won't be welcome.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
dedmiston wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
I like a bit of dissension now and again. ๐Ÿ™‚

No you don't.
LOL
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer

Just My opinion!!!

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
At least on the JAYCO forum the answers will usually relate to the questions. I swear, I have seen responses on here to "Get 2 6 volts" when the OP asked about what color trailer to buy. As long as one piles on with "Honda", "Allison", or "Hensley" the crowd will accept and approve.

cpwoitena
Explorer
Explorer
Just joined. Thought I was a member years ago, but couldn't find it. I do try to check out all of the RV forums that I was a member periodically. May not post much, but love all the info from all.
Dherie & Larry, 2016 GMC 2500 CC,
2018 Grand Design Reflection 315 RLTS
Good Sam Member

dedmiston
fj12ryder wrote:
I like a bit of dissension now and again. ๐Ÿ™‚

No you don't.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've looked, and posted a bit on those two forums, not much different than here, albeit a bit more heavily moderated, so it stays all nice and squeaky clean. I like a bit of dissension now and again. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH wrote:
chuckbear wrote:
I have posted a few times but after the snarky responses and a multitude of answers to questions I never asked. I have pretty much given up here. There are other forums out there that have people willing to respond with answers that actually pertain to my post. So that's where I go for help or information. Chuck

Joe, this will probably get removed but if you see it quick enough, one is here and the other is here. Chuck

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
Matt_Colie wrote:
chuckbear wrote:

Well Chuckbear,
Let me save you a lot of time and possible curiosity.
Don't post a question of any technical or important knowledge on Farce Book.
You will get:
Lots of fast answers
60% wrong answers
5~10% actual correct answers that may be obtuse
30% answers that do not relate to the posted question
20% trying to make your question sound stupid

This is why the only thing I post on FB is RTM.
Matt

Well, Matt, your post is a perfect example of which I speak. I don't know what Farce Book is and doubt I would ever post there. Nor do I
remember asking anyone about posting on Farce Book, whatever that is. Chuck

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Matt_Colie wrote:
chuckbear wrote:

Well Chuckbear,
Let me save you a lot of time and possible curiosity.
Don't post a question of any technical or important knowledge on Farce Book.
You will get:
Lots of fast answers
60% wrong answers
5~10% actual correct answers that may be obtuse
30% answers that do not relate to the posted question
20% trying to make your question sound stupid

This is why the only thing I post on FB is RTM.
Matt

That does not sound unique to FB. I have seen the exact same ratio of responses here.
Don't know what RTM or RTFM means so maybe you could fill in that blank. Thanks.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
chuckbear wrote:

Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard