cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where Can I Find A Bike Now?

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
I bought a bike about 6 weeks ago for me at Walmart. A basic mountain bike, nothing special. My wife was out of the country and I wanted to wait so she could pick one out that she likes. But now that she's back I can't find one in Walmart or Target or Academy. I've tried extensive searches on Walmart.com and I bought 2 of them over the weekend and they canceled the order both times. It seems like people are hoarding bikes like toilet paper.

Will this end soon? How can I find a bike for my wife? I suppose I could find one on Facebook marketplace, but they will probably be gouging the consumer right now and I would rather have new.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV
10 REPLIES 10

Nv_Guy
Explorer III
Explorer III
Went thru this about a week ago. Got a bike for the wife. Decided I needed a new one as well. We ended up driving to the Peoples Republik of CA to get what I wanted. Wall Mart around here are sold out as are most of the bike shops. Totally crazy. If you find one on FB mkplace or Craig's List - act fast we missed out on two.

Hureciamirl1982
Explorer
Explorer
I agree that Craigslist and Facebook marketplace is a good idea for search a bike.
Maby You can find a good bike in Ebay.com.You also can search on google to find some good online storeto buy bike.

You will need RV bike racks If you start RV trip

6door74
Explorer
Explorer
So people are hoarding bikes now? That's laughable. Did you ever think that maybe people are just buying them now because that's all they can do!

That said, check Craigslist, Facebook marketplace, offer up, for people that made impulse buys and now just want to get rid of it. Could be a practically new bike. I bought bikes for the family a couple of years ago (see my signature pic) for our vacation from a guy who bought some just for his vacation. Got 2 bikes for about $100
2006 E350 V10
Travel Trailer-TBD

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know...Amazon?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
BikesDirect. Lower but adequate quality to excellent. The difference between Walmart/Target bikes and the least expensive BD bike is a bunch.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Bike shop.

Tal_IL
Explorer
Explorer
Shopping for birthday bike for grand daughter last week. On-line showed virtually nothing available. Made a trip to local WalMart expecting to look at the one bike they showed in the style we wanted - 26โ€ mountain bike. Found the rack full of choices in the style we wanted. Picked out a very nice one.
35 miles from Normal, IL. As close to normal as I'll ever be.

2006 Country Coach Inspire Genoa 40ft

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
find a bicycle store..
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
PartyOf Five wrote:
Target, Dick's sporting goods, Walmart

It's as if he didn't read my post.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Target, Dick's sporting goods, Walmart
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.