Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Your "go to" campground?

Spappy
Explorer
Explorer
Hi folks,
I haven't decided on a summer vacation spot just yet. Still doing research. I'm interested in what\where is your "go to" campground for family fun? And why?
Thanks!!
Spap
24 REPLIES 24

Rancher_Will
Explorer
Explorer
As mentioned above the area around Roraing River, Golden,Eagle Rock and Table Rock Lake in Missouri is a beautiful place. In addition to mentions above it is reasonably close to Branson.

I have relatives who live at Eagle Rock and we visit there at least once each year. It is easy to drive from Eagle Rock or Golden to Branson , take in a show, etc, and return the same evening. I cannot recommend an RV Park there since we park our RV on a cousin's farm when we visit but we enjoy Roaring River, the fish hatchery there, the Marina on Table Rock Lake at Eagle Rock, and the whole area there.

If you are able try to get there in the Spring when the Red Buds and Dogwoods are in bloom. You will enjoy it.

Rancher_Will
Explorer
Explorer
Over the years it seems that about half of our trips are for business and half for just pleasure. We take about 10 or a dozen RV Trips each year.

When we take pleasure trips my wife and I try to go to places that we have not been to for some time. After 60 some years it is getting hard to find actually new places but we always remember some places that we have not seen for some years.

On our regular business trips we have learned which RV Parks that we prefer. We make it a practice to stay in the Parks where we are known and where we know. We have stayed at some of these from one to three times per year for decades.

Just for a few examples of some where we are known for years. We like Rayford Crossing RV Resort near The Woodlands, Texas, Montpelier Creek RV Park at Montpelier, Idaho, Amarilo Ranch RV Park at Amarilo, Texas, Blackwell Island RV Resort, at Couer D'Alene, Idaho, Ponderosa CampGround at Cody, Wyoming, Eagle RV Park at Thermopolis, Wyoming, Rafter J Bar Ranch Camping Resort at Hill City, S Dakota.

There are others but these have been some of our favorite for years.

B_s_Bunch
Explorer
Explorer
OBX North Carolina did it for us. Found us a new destination. Larry
Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror:E TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T:C The Double Wide

Blair_s4
Explorer
Explorer
Cherrystone
Dodge 2500 CTD
Salem 27DBUD

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
Myrtle Beach

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
FYI, Spappy, our favorite site the loop 2 site 100. A pull-thru, which we don't need, but right on the river and really nice. Wish we were there now. Enjoy and drive safe.:)
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Spappy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Garmp1! I'm taking notes. I'm making reservations to RR this weekend, so I'll keep all of those in mind. I've been to Eureka Springs. Your description is spot on. lol I would only add lots of hand holding while looking at small overpriced shops. :S
Spap

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
Myrtle Beach Travel Park.

Why -- It's at the beach. Lots to do. It's a fairly easy drive from home, but far enough away to feel like we're away.
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

roman_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Pismo Coast village in Pismo Beach Ca. It has everything we want, beach access, walking distance to downtown Pismo and the pier, great places to eat from fish and chips to top notch dinner houses. Close to San Luis Obispo, Morro Bay, for DWs shopping.

RT

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Spappy, if you are in that area check out the Pioneer Museum in Golden, MO, not far from RR/ (http://www.americanbell.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4928), not to far from The Office, a nice bar/restaurant, with family atmosphere. Also check out the Big M Marina (http://www.bigmmarina.com/), if you want a decent sandwich right on the lake (Table Rock). They also have a nice COE campground, although we haven't stayed there.
Eureka Springs is about 20 miles away for an interesting afternoon of little & over priced shops.

Enjoy!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
Stockton Lake for us, 2-3 hours south. Typically my sister and her family meets us there. Camping, family and the lake can't get any better!
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

thomasgunnar
Explorer
Explorer
Well the family is now me, wife, and two dogs. Our favorite spot is only 27 mins. from home. It's on a river, very well kept. The owners were great people. They sold in the fall. I met the new owner and was told no major changes. They want to keep the regular people. Time will tell I guess. We used to camp at the place next to it. It sold and we just didn't like the feel of the place after that.
Chris
2003 F350 CC,4x4,6.0,Zoodad, 3 Pod Pillar Gauges, Sinister Coolant Filter, Scangauge II, Blue Spring Kit
2006 Jayco Eagle 301RLS 33'

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
We have a few depending on how much time.....

Closest, 2hrs away. MacGregor point, Southern Ontario, Lake Huron

Nagagamissis Provincial Park. 12 hr drive one way, We have left fri morning very early and come home sunday night, very late....so worth the drive.

A numbered Lake, no name. 11 hrs to Chapleau then 9hours north of Chapleau Ont

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
We often stay in State Parks. Georgia has done a GREAT job of preserving their beautiful resources, as has Florida. We live near a large lake and there are many COE parks along the lake, only 25 min from home. But our favorite campground is a private one in the north Georgia mountains that we just cannot get enough of. My hope is that some day we will just put a 5th wheel up there permanently and use it as our own personal cabin in the woods.
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!