cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best dog commercial on tv

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
My wife tears up on this one and I confess I get a bit misty eyed too. We were so caught up by the story line, we didn't know they were selling Suburus until much later.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-wXT1t5FTE
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
20 REPLIES 20

This 2016 SuperBowl Commercial still makes me laugh. The dog's expression is priceless?

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
2dogtravellin wrote:
magnusfide wrote:
Deb and Ed M wrote:
magnusfide wrote:
My wife tears up on this one and I confess I get a bit misty eyed too. We were so caught up by the story line, we didn't know they were selling Suburus until much later.

I think those of us who went out of our way to make an old dog's last days happy, tend to get "misty"?

You've got it in one. We've had several "old buddies, pals" that we did our best to make happy in their final years and to appreciate fully before that final moment. That's why that commercial brings on the tears and the mists for us. Our last dog took a final camping trip with us to his favorite campground. He loved to stand and watch the trout in the stream. At 14 + we had to say good bye to him as his renal failure advanced too far for comfort. We still miss the big smile.

I just lost my old boy at 12 1/2. And yes, that commercial makes me cry.
I'm sorry for your loss: we've had to bid farewell to many over the years. They truly are family. Thank you for giving your old boy a family to love.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

2dogtravellin
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
Deb and Ed M wrote:
magnusfide wrote:

I think those of us who went out of our way to make an old dog's last days happy, tend to get "misty"?

You've got it in one. We've had several "old buddies, pals" that we did our best to make happy in their final years and to appreciate fully before that final moment. That's why that commercial brings on the tears and the mists for us. Our last dog took a final camping trip with us to his favorite campground. He loved to stand and watch the trout in the stream. At 14 + we had to say good bye to him as his renal failure advanced too far for comfort. We still miss the big smile.

I just lost my old boy at 12 1/2. And yes, that commercial makes me cry.

2dogtravellin
Explorer
Explorer
Boxer Lovers wrote:
Subaru has tapped into the dog lover market. Our Boxer Buster is welcome when we take our Forester in for service. Who does that?

My local Nissan dealership let me bring the dog for a "jump test" to see if he could get up into the back of an Xterra. He could and I bought it. They were happy when I brought him along any time I had service done to the car. They would pet him and had a water dish for him.

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Go Dogs wrote:
Pops-Sunny and I like Super Cool, too! :C

Pops

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
Pops-Sunny and I like Super Cool, too! :C

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Deb and Ed M wrote:
magnusfide wrote:

Magnus

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
magnusfide wrote:

Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

yankee_camper
Explorer
Explorer
Ed_Gee wrote:
I feel sorry for the few, here, who don't 'get it'.

I stand corrected... I was thinking of the other commercial where a couple throws a stick into a stream and the dog jumps in after it and then they swiftly get in their car and take off only to repeat the scene downstream. That's why I initially said I didn't get it. I first thought the couple was trying to get rid of the dog. Now that I watched the U Tube link for the right ad yes I now "get it" cute. That being said I don't need your or anyone else s' sympathy if I'm not reduced to tears and going into therapy over it:R

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
PS this one is still my all time favurite,

Have never seen that-love it!

When my son bought his Audi last February I was looking at their Q3. I thought out loud that I didn't know of the two dogs would fit. Salesman heard me and said to bring thing in to find out for sure. Didn't ask but I'm pretty sure they'd let us take the dogs in the dealership during service if we wanted.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
I feel sorry for the few, here, who don't 'get it'.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Boxer Lovers wrote:
Subaru has tapped into the dog lover market. Our Boxer Buster is welcome when we take our Forester in for service. Who does that?

Jeep. Calvin gets to lay on the shinny cool tiled floor in their showroom, while we wait fur the Jeep.

Pops

PS this one is still my all time favurite, ... Supper Cool, gets a ticket!

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
My dog loves my Subaru Outback, although he's too old to jump into the back anymore, needs some help on the rear end.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

yankee_camper
Explorer
Explorer
rwj146 wrote:
The first time I saw it I didn't 'Get' the bucket list. They have a good ad agency, that commercial is nice.

Well I've seen it at least 6 times and still don't get it, at first I thought they were trying to abandon the dog? Maybe I'm just slow or haven't really paid that close of attention to it???:h