cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Big changes with a broken heart (Little Update)

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
I'm posting here because this is where I've posted the most, over the years.
What a year it's been. Our one trip in August was our last, but we didn't know it.
We had gotten our favorite spot, in our favorite campground. The weather was great.
My dear sweet 12 year old pit bull, did not do well. Lucy has been on every camping trip with us since we got her. This time, her arthritic legs bothered her, she didn't want to walk or swim. She hardly ate, couldn't get comfortable. We have always taken great measures to make our dogs comfortable on these trips. I couldn't believe that this dog, who had loved camping more than anything, wanted to be home.
She got back to her normal, shortly after we got home. We didn't think she had any more camping trips in her.
Then, my 55 year old, DH died suddenly on Labor Day.
None of my grown kids have the room or time for the TV/TT. Last year, our borough made us put the TT in storage. It's too much of an expense for me, now. I can't hitch nor tow it myself. I don't think anyone wants to see a broken-hearted woman struggling to set up at a campground, anyway.
So, I found a dealer that will take both of them in trade. I will get a nice, small reliable car.
My sister said, that if I want to camp in the future-I could get a 'camper cabin' or use a tent. Good point.
Many changes ahead. No one knows what is around the corner. Thank you all for your advice and camaraderie over the years.Sue
30 REPLIES 30

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
so sorry for your loss. Praying for your comfort.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi