cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ecuador & the wees?

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
We were watching the news about the earthquake in Ecuador and I suddenly remembered that's where Kathleen (Nabi and the wees moved to last year! Has anybody heard from her? Crossing fingers that the family is safe and well.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background
19 REPLIES 19

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
As time goes by I'm still checking this thread three times a day at least, I wish Kathleen were able to post a note telling us she was ok...
Has anyone been able to reach her via FB....just hoping.

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

Lucy-"Red Fox" Lab...8/7-'07
Bubba,rescue Pom...4/1-2010
Csepki, rescue Poodle...9/15-2001

raindove
Explorer
Explorer
Also glad to know they are okay. Praying things don't get worse.
Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Wanda

1998 Fleetwood Bounder

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
xteacher wrote:
Dr. Doug, thank you for the update. Prayers for the people affected in Ecuador.

Double ditto.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Dr. Doug, thank you for the update. Prayers for the people affected in Ecuador.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Dr. Doug! Can you FB her and tell her we were worried and praying for her and the wees?

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
Oh thanks Dr. Doug, I'm relieved...
I hope it settles down for those poor folks, they have endured so much.

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, good thinking Dr Doug! Thank heavens they are okay, but they're going to continue having some huge aftershocks. Those ones almost scare you more than the initial event because the first one takes a bit to comprehend. And then the NEWS people keep telling you the first quake may have been a FOREshock and a bigger one could be coming! How tragic for the people and animals affected. There used to be an organization called Noah's Wish that activated to help pets and domestic animals following a major disaster. I hope they still exist.
Darcy the Min Pin

dturm
I checked Nabi's facebook page and saw this:
Afternoon all...29c with RF of 35c..Uv index 12...sorry I am late in reporting in but we have had a lotta excitement around here...we had an earthquake..a big one..I dont understand seismic numbers but it was 7.8....everything was shakin'..Daddys chair was movin' with him init.....lamps were wavin' back and forth like palm trees....saucepan lids were twirlin' on the counter and the water came out of the toilet bowl..yep...we all got our feet wet..Zari was terrified, even I felt sorry for the kid....but in GYE and up the coast it is very serious..lots of people left dead or without homes...please keep all the folks in your prayers....a lot of doggies were killed in the quake...I might not have internet for a few days....hope you all stay safe until we speak again...Iz
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

RBak
Explorer
Explorer
Me too, Sher. Hope they are ok and just can't get to a computer to let everyone know they are safe.

Rita

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
Checking this thread at least three times a day...it's getting worrisome and nerve wracking...still praying that all is well and it's just a matter of no internet.

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
I've read that four Canadian ex pats died in the initial quake. I am sure there must be a lot of them that had left the frozen tundra for a warmer climate,though.Theres just about nothing that leaves you feeling as helpless and alone as not having access to the WWW.
Darcy the Min Pin

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
sher9570 wrote:
There was also some pics of damage in Salinas from the earthquake but I was unable to determine how bad...the epicenter may have been 200 miles away but how was Salinas affected...guess we'll have to wait and hear from Kathleen, wish I too knew her last name it would be possible to check further.

Sher

There appears to be a few places named Salinas - I'm assuming Kathleen lives in the coastal city near La Libertad, which according to an Ex-pat forum received no damage.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
There was also some pics of damage in Salinas from the earthquake but I was unable to determine how bad...the epicenter may have been 200 miles away but how was Salinas affected...guess we'll have to wait and hear from Kathleen, wish I too knew her last name it would be possible to check further.

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
Good job, research team! I keep remembering the photos of the wees on that balcony overlooking the beach. :E let Us know if anybody hears anything back.
Darcy the Min Pin