cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Friends. cat

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a good friend that just had a double bypass, doing fine. I was over helping with a few things around the house. They have a strange cat. This cat loves to go for a car ride. I went to the auto parts store and the cat hopped in the car to ride along without me knowing. They say the cat likes to get in the shower with you as well, loves water. Kind of unusual behavior for a cat I thought.
7 REPLIES 7

Uppercrust
Explorer
Explorer
Our first child was a cat, who thought he was a dog. He loved riding in the vehichles and did enjoy his baths. After he was diagnosed with a heart condition that caused him to throw blood clots and fluid in his lungs, he took medicine without fighting. He then learned how fun camping was and walking on a leash. Freckles always greeted my DH at the door for a kiss. Sure do miss Freckles.
2012 F250 CC,FX4, Metallic blue/Silver
2012 Cruiser Patriot 345RF ๐Ÿ™‚ campers mom, dad
19 yr. old son
22 yr. old daughter
Diesel R.I.P.
Lady lab mix 16 R.I.P
Daisy beagle/collie
Misty shepard/husky
Camper's Have Smore Fun
14.5 Rallies
sleepovers 3

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
I had no idea so many cats liked showers!

In Turkey there are wild kitties who live around a lake and swim in it and catch fish. I had a Turkish friend (in the US) who had a friend (in Turkey) with one of those cats as a pet. He let it swim in the bathtub in his apartment.

My kitty loves to be washed with a washcloth but not in the tub :).

I think almost all cats are curious about humans taking baths. Why would we want to do that?!?
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had a cat that took showers every morning. And multiple cats that enjoyed car rides.

I remember as a kid, we packed up the TC to go camping and when we stopped to get gas, my Dad found our cat Buddy on the roof of the TC. Had to drive him back home - my Dad was furious for the 15 minute delay.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
I had a cat that was very curious about running bath water but he would never jump in, only set on the edge and be very inquisitive.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very unusual indeed. While we've had cats that like baths and showers we've never had one in 50 years who liked to go for a ride. Ours like their comfortable spots at home and I'm sure that as soon as we're out of the door, they order out for tuna because these strange charges for the local fish market keep appearing on our credit cards. :H
I'm sure glad they don't like caviar!
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's cool. Had a lot of cats but nothing like that!
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

agteacher
Explorer
Explorer
I used to have a cat that would jump in the bathtub with my husband. Another cat started going in the car when it was a kitten and loved riding as a result. That one also loved to camp and often went with us.
camping buddies - my husband,:R
American Eskimo - Baby
07 Lance 915
2015 Ram 3500 Lonestar Edition
01 International 4700 - SOLD
99 Dodge 3500 Quad Long Bed,Cummins,Rhino Liner
06 WW SLC 3505 - SOLD
48 Ford 8N was a rustbucket
52 Ford 8N w/ Sherman 54B HydroHoe