cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nell’s Annual Geriatric Exam

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
The vet called this morning with Nell’s test results: urinalysis, stool test, and blood work. All of her blood work is within normal limits including electrolytes; no issues with liver or kidney function and her Addisons is well controlled. She does have a touch of cystitis and giardiasis (prescriptions were called into the local pharmacy). The vet sounded amazed on the phone as were they during her physical since Nell is almost 16 1/2 (last survivor from a litter of 8). The vet tech who followed Nell to collect the urine sample commented Nell looked younger than her 12 year old dog. She also has quite a bit of tarter buildup which we know but won’t have removed at her age.

Go Nell!

Hopefully, clearing up her infections will resolve the frequency of her accidents on the floor.

Mark
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M
5 REPLIES 5

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Yay Nell! So glad to hear a great story! Love hearing about your dogs.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

dturm
Really amazing considering the Addison's. Our Golden that had Addison's lived to a little over 10 and died from an overwhelming septicemia. They are really susceptible to infections... Good work, Mark.
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
That's amazing!! I actually remember you posting about training her as a pup...
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
During her physical the vet commented, Addisons usually shortens a dog’s life. Nell must have decided to buck the trend.

Yes, at these ages you’re trying to enjoy the “bonus time” while carefully watching for changes.
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome news! It's always so stressful when they hit "old age" and you wonder what they will find.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]