cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCD dogs...LOL!!

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ike was an awesome dog - aside from digging up a clematis vine in his childhood - he never did ANYTHING wrong. (Well, there was the time when he pulled a single paper plate out of the trash can, licked it clean, then FRAMED JACK by putting Jack's food dish next to the scene of the crime) but I digress....LOL! Ike was Jimmy's mentor in so many ways.....

I don't generally teach my dogs "tricks' - it's far more important to ME than they can communicate clearly and be "helpful".

So Jimmy came to me a few minutes ago and softly said "growr" which means "I want something". I looked at him and asked "Are you going to show me what you want?" and he gave me his happy face and trotted towards the door, looking back to make sure I was following...... he took me to a trash basket....ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!! Only my OCD dog (who was trained by Ike who was the King of OCD dogs) would ask *permission* to get into the trash!!!

Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!
13 REPLIES 13

Dashonthedash
Explorer
Explorer
When Willow got lymphoma in January, 1999 and I dropped her off at the vet for "observation", it was the last time Max ever saw the friend he had known for almost 10 years. She died that night at the vet. Max grieved deeply until I brought home Dot, another greyhound, about 3 months after Willow passed away. A few months later, I had to visit family back east and dropped Max and Dot at the same vet for boarding. While they were there, I had Dot chipped. The staff told me afterwards that, when they took Dot away for the chipping, Max, my big, brave German Shepherd Dog, started to cry and whine and didn't stop until they brought her back to the kennel. I really believe he didn't expect to see her again.
Gary Shapiro
Shadow - 7-year-old Greyhound (aka Shadow Ninja)
Hannah - 4-year-old GSD rescue (aka the Canine Tornado)
Max, Dash (GSDs), Willow, Dot, Allan, Lily (Greyhounds), and Molly(GSD Mix), at the Bridge and in my heart forever
2011 G'town 280DS Class A

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
re: Dogs channeling the departed pup, I had kind of a shock this morning. We stopped at a store on our way to the park. Bud got out of the car and walked in to get something. All of a sudden, I heard a whimper from the backseat. I turned around and there was little Darcy (min pin, tough as nails) standing up on the seat with her front feet on the windowsill and watching that doorway where Bud had disappeared. She was madly wagging her tail and whining for Dad to come back, exactly like Poquita always did! It's like they thought the evil store might somehow hold him hostage and we'd never get to the park! And that was the very first time I ever saw any similarity between those two girls. :W
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
Deb and Ed M wrote:
Oh - these stories are GREAT!!!!!!!! Dogs can be SOOO funny!!
Raindove and Dashonthedash - I too wonder about "advice from beyond".... about a week after Ike went to the Rainbow Bridge, I was sitting on the couch, mentally hugging him in the way that was unique to Ike - he'd stand next to me on the right, and put his head across my body and lean it on my left shoulder and I'd just hug that massive furry neck of his.... and I'll be darned if Jimmy didn't jump up and do exactly that! He's never done it before - and he hasn't done it since. I think it was a "gift from beyond"?

Well, they DO read minds, you know. Yes, they sure do. Jimmy knew you were missing that hug.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chuck&Gail wrote:

Wife thinks she is smarter, so she put it in the outside trash can.

ROFL!!!!! Seriously - you can NOT fool a dog - they find cleverly hidden and disguised drugs, for Pete's sake!!!!!!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oh - these stories are GREAT!!!!!!!! Dogs can be SOOO funny!!

Raindove and Dashonthedash - I too wonder about "advice from beyond".... about a week after Ike went to the Rainbow Bridge, I was sitting on the couch, mentally hugging him in the way that was unique to Ike - he'd stand next to me on the right, and put his head across my body and lean it on my left shoulder and I'd just hug that massive furry neck of his.... and I'll be darned if Jimmy didn't jump up and do exactly that! He's never done it before - and he hasn't done it since. I think it was a "gift from beyond"?
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs

Chuck_Gail
Explorer
Explorer
We had a long tug toy for one of our German Shepherds named Blizzard. Eventually he got so he didn't want to play with it any more, old age I guess, but he kept it in the pile he always put his toys in. One day my wife threw it in the trash basket we keep indoors, because he never used it. Next day it was back in his pile. Nothing else was disturbed, and no mess.

Wife thinks she is smarter, so she put it in the outside trash can. Well that worked UNTIL he got to go outside for a walk. He went to the trash can, pushed off the lid, and got his tug toy back. Don't know if he would have tried to put the lid back on, I did it for him while laughing. Since garage door was still open, yup, back in his toy pile it went, then he was quickly back outside for his walk.

Wife decided he could keep it.
Chuck
Wonderful Wife
Australian Shepherd
2010 Ford Expedition TV
2010 Outback 230RS Toybox, 5390# UVW, 6800# Loaded

Not yet camped in Hawaii, 2 Canada Provinces, & 2 Territories

I can't be lost because I don't care where this lovely road is going

ArmySFCRet
Explorer
Explorer
BG refuses to get anything, like a toy, that has rolled under the bed...

Why? Mattie, our departed Lhasa, would not let her under the there. That was HER spot. Two years after Mattie has gone to the bridge BG still won't go under our bed.

On the other hand, OCD? Mattie had toys from her puppy days from thirteen years earlier but BG can destroy a toy in minutes and will pluck the fur or fuzzy off any cloth toy she has. Watched her strip the fur off a tennis ball in less than a day. Don't understand that one at all.

'04 Cross Country 35' w/300 Cummins
'14 Ford Escape on KarKaddy 460SS
'09 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Crew 5.7 Hemi MDS
'51 & '53 Hudson Hornets 308 6cyl w/

TWIN H-POWER

&
5 lbs of BG the Yorkie
Members of:
Grand Canyon Chapter of Hudson Essex Terraplane Club Inc

Dashonthedash
Explorer
Explorer
I sometimes pity the humans who have no or one dog, because multiple dogs are more entertaining than the best movie or TV show. As for mentoring, I have no doubt they do teach each other, and Molly has been mentoring Shadow. She won't teach him anything from Dash, though, as she really didn't like him (Dash, that is). Oddly enough, though, Dash was my digger (learned it from his predecessor, Max, even though Max at the time was too old to dig any more), and Shadow likes to dig. He also has several habits that were unique to other dogs I have had in the past. Mentoring from the Bridge?
Gary Shapiro
Shadow - 7-year-old Greyhound (aka Shadow Ninja)
Hannah - 4-year-old GSD rescue (aka the Canine Tornado)
Max, Dash (GSDs), Willow, Dot, Allan, Lily (Greyhounds), and Molly(GSD Mix), at the Bridge and in my heart forever
2011 G'town 280DS Class A

dturm
Deb - he was just being environmentally responsible and telling you there was something in there that needed to be recycled. Smart dog.

Doug
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

chrisnpat
Explorer
Explorer
That's funny Deb, Our Maggie starts barking when Dudley's eating and of course Dudley responds to see whats going on. Only to return to his empty bowl and Maggie licking it.........:B

I never had two at a time until Dudley came to live with us about four years ago. Now I can't imagine only having one...........
Christine and Patrick
Cocker Spaniels
Trevor and two Fosters Kahlua and Blossom
Life is What happens to you while your busy making plans.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Hilarious!

Reminds me of the story about the guy whose dog liked to sleep in his "master's" chair- every time he got up, the dog jumped up and took his place. One night the dog starts growling and looking at the door as if there was something outside, so naturally our hero got out of his chair to go look....and when he came back, the dog was blissfully asleep in "their" chair!

Gotta hand it to the little buggers...:B
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Too funny!!
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

raindove
Explorer
Explorer
That's too funny, Deb.
You know, with having multiples, I find that the ones who pass live on in the ones who are here.

Moments like this when you know they learned what they are doing from another who isn't here any more, always warm my heart.

Always makes me smile, too.
Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Wanda

1998 Fleetwood Bounder