Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

RVSnowbird
Explorer
Explorer
sue.t wrote:
I'm wondering if we should also have a sticky that lets us post obituaries & pics of our dearly departed pets? Maybe a "Rainbow Bridge" sticky? It would be sad and happy. It is very sad when a pet dies. And many of us tell the rest of the group when one of our pets does die. Telling others is one way to grieve. There have been a number of posts lately about dear pets that have died. And the stories are very difficult to read. And yes, our heart tugs with every tale.

A thread that would let us tell of our pet, and post a picture, would be a way to memorialize the RV pets that have travelled to the other side.
Simple ground rules.
1. Posts are limited to individual pet "obituaries" and no personal replies please as they will be deleted without explanation.

2. Pictures exceeding 640 pixels width or 480 pixels in height will be edited to comply within those dimensions.

if you have any questions, free to send me a private message

==========================================================================

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

The above in a Rainbow Bridge "flash" movie
have you checked out the new RV.net Blogs yet?

Deceased 2/28/08 RIP
243 REPLIES 243

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
This past week we lost our hall-of-famer travel companion, Shorty. He was a 14 year-old beagle. Everyone who met him immediately fell in love with his shy, but sweet demeanor. He loved the motorhome life as much as we do and went on all our trips. We are missing him terribly.
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

Gottahaveit
Madeline may you rest in peace. Looks like you had a great Life and were one happy Kitty. I'm sure you will be missed but were welcomed by lots if fun friends at the Rainbow Bridge.
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II

Madeline Kaht, 25 Feb 1986 - 23 Oct 2008
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

prowe
Explorer
Explorer
Shasta, 15 year old Collie/Golden Retriever adopted from the shelter when he was one. Our Road Dog travelled a couple hundred thousand miles with us in the 14 years we spent together. He loved everyone he ever met. He went to sleep September 25th. We sure do miss you, boy...

Don and Patty
'05 Alfa SeeYa Gold
Towing '05 Cadillac SRX

Dixie_Flyer
Explorer II
Explorer II

Our beloved Charlie only lived with us for two months, rescued from a shelter at age 10 his last days were pure joy. Charlie went to Rainbow Bridge to join Bart, Levi, and Old Fella September 30, 2008
2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
Here are two of our beauties.....Cookie and Gidget, who had to be PTS on the same day. Both were wonderful members of our family, and will be missed. Thankfully, they are now over the Rainbow Bridge, and are able to run and play the way that they have been unable for years!

Gidget....She had Liver Failure, and neurological problems. She was the sweetest PitBull mix.:)

Cookie....my wife's 'heart dog', who is a true sweetheart! Her kidneys failed, and she had bad knees (genetic) that had us carry her in/out of the house for almost 6 months. What a beautiful dog, and a wonderful personality....always smiling and wagging her tail...even when she was in pain.

Rest in Peace girls....you've earned it!
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau ๐Ÿ™‚
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.๐Ÿ˜ž
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets

Sal_Trudy
Explorer
Explorer
I recently lost my eleven year old Doberman. I found comfort at a site that I came across..... www.doggysnaps.com. You can post photos of your dogs, and view other people's dog photos. It's a great site, especially if you are mourning the loss of your dearly missed pooch.

Most Sincerely,

Trudy G.

lightkeeper
Explorer
Explorer
jtbeck, my sympathy in the loss of your "Nellie" from someone who has had two pets put down in less than a year.

Time will heal the pain but you'll find comfort in the memories of the good times you had together.
2003 Starcraft TravelStar 21RB hybrid
2007 Chevrolet Z71 2WD Avalanche

"If I Die While Camping, I'm Already Halfway To Heaven!"

jtbeck
Explorer
Explorer
Here's out little black lab, Nellie. We lost her on July 21, 2008.

The house is much quieter without her tapdancing in the kitchen, and the yard is much lonelier without her patrolling and keeping watch over the kids.

She was always happy and loved her family with everything she had. We miss her very much.

Me (69), DW (69), DD (95), DS (00), DS (01) and 1 camping toy fox terrier (08)
06 Aerolite Cub 23BH, '00 Chevy Suburban LT 1500

ferretgrandpa
Explorer
Explorer
Houdini, aged 5 years and 9 months, went to join his cousins on the other side of the bridge. I know that Bambi, Fletcher, Thumper and Zachary are waiting there.

Snickles is being a very brave little ferret and is keeping us humans cared for.
Medical reasons took us off the road
98 GMC 2500
RBW Lil Rocker 15K
08 Flagstaff 8526 RLS

widowsson68
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday, July 18,2008, our precious old "Star" crossed the Rainbow Bridge, and some part of us went with her. She was a thirteen year old 100 pound Black Lab, and our "alpha" dog. Two weeks ago a severe limp with her left rear leg got the diagnosis of Osteo Sarcoma from our vet, X-rays and blood work confirmed it.

The hardest part, for us, was in knowing when to 'let go', not too soon and certainly not too long to prolong her pain. Her brave attempts to go out were painful for her and very painful to watch.

She went to the Bridge so peacefully, held in my arms, looking trustfully, as usual, into my eyes. We weep for our loss but solace is in knowing that Star suffers no more. We loved that old girl so much.

As I drove her home to her resting place on our little farm the old song "I'll be seeing you" came on the radio. On the other side of the bridge dear Star.

Dixie_Flyer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old Fella that started the thread a "Very Old Stray" and inspired a Nation to become more aware of old stray dogs went to Rainbow Bridge June 28,2008. His name and work will remain as long as people remember this old dog that spent five years in a South Carolina campground as a stray and emerged as an icon for all homeless dogs across this land. For two years and ten months he lived with Richard and Sue Daniels and inspired the start up of the only licensed animal rescue in Burke Couty, Georgia other than the city shelter. He was written up in Good Sam Club Highways Magazine twice and received numerous awards from the city of Waynesboro for his civic duties.

His loving memory will be memorialized in Waynesboro, Georgia with a statue in his honor in the Waynesboro City park in the heart of town. What a wonderful inspiration for all who have suffered loss and stayed the course to regain the love and admiration of all that knew him.

Old Fella Memorial completed September 2009

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

FlamMan
Explorer
Explorer
It has now been a year (6-15-2007) since we lost our best friend Holly due to a vets lack of care and concern after an operation. I have read The Rainbow Bridge on so many occasions and felt her near each time. Today, it was just as the first time and enough to make me weep. My other two "children" ran to me for comfort as if they knew what I was thinking. Everyone needs to give the furball of your choice a hug daily just like your two legged children. We never know when the day will come when we will be at our own Rainbow Bridge.

Tim
Tim & Trina Baxter
Jersey, the spastic pup
Missie, the Baby Beagle Pup

In Memory of Holly, my best friend

7happycampers
Explorer
Explorer
We lost our dearest Jenny 4/21/08 at the age of 5 1/2. She was a beautiful Black lab mix. I will miss you my baby.

Kevin
Kevin

Jenny Our Angel Remembering Jenny
Abbie (Rescued Treeing Walker Coonhound)
Guido (Rescued Italian Greyhound)Remembering Guido
Kendall (Rescued Border Collie)
Piper (Rescued Border Collie)
My dog isn't spoiled..........He just smells that way.

COWolfPack
Explorer
Explorer
We just lost our precious yellow lab Cheyenne today. She just went way too fast. DW picked her out when she was only 5 days old and she was almost 10 years old. We will miss her very much and look forward to seeing her at the rainbow bridge.
:C Tom
:B my DW Kim
๐Ÿ˜› our son Connor
Shadow my 70lb lap dog (Golden Retriever)
Cheyenne (Yellow Lab) -- Waiting for us at the rainbow bridge.
Skye (Blue Healer/Austrailian Shepherd mix)
Queenie 50lbs of curiosity (Tri-colored Collie)