cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

04 Fleetwood Jamboree E450 chassis v-10 airbag issues

restless1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2004 Ford V-10 Fleetwood Jamboree GT Class C. After I start the motor the airbag light cycles through its test then stays lit. My mechanic ran the diagnostic and found the module under the driver seat was faulty. Replaced that module with a used, known to be good, module, ran another diagnostic and no codes were received, but the light continued to stay on as before. Strange. Anyone have any ideas what should be checked now? I've already spent $900.00 (but no money has been paid. The mechanic is researching this and will fix it before payment is surrendered). Good mechanic!
5 REPLIES 5

restless1
Explorer
Explorer
You are correct sir, I apologize. It is an E450. Thank you for that.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure it is a F450 chassis and not an E450 chassis ?

I checked the wiring diagram on the E450 (99% sure that is the correct chassis) and the warning light is wired directly to the Safety Restraint System module. Assuming no issues with the wiring, the only thing that can turn that light on is that module.

restless1
Explorer
Explorer
Well, the recall check came up empty. The report said 0 open recalls.

restless1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! I'll see if I can find that recall.

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
There were so many issues/recalls concerning the Takata Air Bags, you may want to verify that this one isn't part of that group. I assume you can check via VIN number.