cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2003keystone cabana rebuilding bunk end

Kylephilipps
Explorer
Explorer
On my hybrid I noticed the bunk end has water damage. I want to rebuild it to save money but need some info. First off should I use 1/4 in plywood or 1/8 in luan? Secondly how to I get the front extior panel off with damaging it?. Thirdly a material list. I'm pretty handy just want to do,this right. Thank you.
1 REPLY 1

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
On our Roo, our front bunk got wet after about 5 seasons. I decided to replace the wood instead of the entire panel. I did not have to remove the panel. Our Roo did not use poles to support the bed, ours had cables that were attached to the trailer body.

I removed all the hardware from the bunk end except the piano hinge. Once the hardware was removed, removing the wood was pretty straight forward. I removed all the staples and then used a putty knife to separate the wood from the foam insulation. The wood was wet when I removed it, which probably made it easier to remove. I went with 1/4" oak plywood. I used a spray adhesive designed for foam to adhere the plywood to the foam and then put all the hardware back on.

I let the bunk end completely dry for a few days before attaching the plywood and putting it back together. I took me, by myself, about 4 hours to tear down, replace wood and put back together. I also used Liquid Nails to adhere the plywood to the aluminum frame.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)