cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2008 Southwind Kwikee Motor

dropframe
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Fleetwood Southwind. I am unable to determine which motor I need for my Kwikee steps. The Kwikee sticker with product number and serial number are unreadable. Per the https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/sheets/pg-82-ST0501.pdf
identification website, it appears I have the IMGL control unit.

The motor is NOT the Cardone Window Lift Motor #42-3003 (I compared it at auto parts store). From looking at pictures and diagrams it most closely matches "AM Equipment" 214 Series Gearhead Actuator Motor OR 210 Series Gearhead Actuator Motor. http://www.amequipment.com/ame-products/utility-gearhead-motors/#toggle-id-5
Which one is the correct one to get? What is the matching window lift motor from Ford or other car manufacturer that I can get at Autozone or Advance Auto?

FYI, the motor I have has AM and RH2 as well as PETG45 and a month and year (6-07) stamped into the plastic housing. The pinion gear on my motor has 12 teeth (unlike the 9 teeth I see on some websites)
2 REPLIES 2

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced the motor on my 2001 Beaver coach. I matched it up with one on Amazon and ordered it. I did have to swap the electrical plug out from the old to the new one is all.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Those motors are usually protected by an overload relay. Mine would not turn even a bit, but the relay was doing it's job.

I put my meter onto the motor leads and tried to open the step. Yes, there was voltage there. In a few seconds, the relay cut off the voltage.

I released the holding bolts a few turns and tried again, presto, worked just fine. I then shimmed up the bolts with some shim stock and it worked again forever (that I owned it).
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel