cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

921 Wedge Tower LED Bulb 250 Lumens

EPenney
Explorer
Explorer
Been searching the web for reasonably priced LED bulbs similar to 921 Wedge Tower LED Bulb with +/-250 Lumens to replace 22 of my incandescent bulbs in my 5er, but most of the online sellers do not provide the lumens spec. Could any of you who have replaced your incandescent bulbs with LED share where you purchased them from and what the price was?

I did buy a couple of the LED tower bulbs from a local Batteries + Bulbs store, and they work great, but they were $20 each.

Thank you,
Eric
'07 Chevy 2500HD Silverado "Classic" CC D/A 4x4
'07 Komfort Trailblazer T252FS fifth wheel
Reese Signature 18K Slider and other stuff.....some useful.....some not
9 REPLIES 9

EPenney
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the info Barney. I placed an order for those bulbs.

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
EPenney wrote:

I assume I should be looking for LEDs with a voltage range?

I think so.
If you go China way, order a couple of bulbs, see if you like it, then order more. It's cheaper in multiples of 10. You can find them as low as $1.40, but quality from different vendors varies a lot. Their industry is a jungle, no rules, regulations or QC on most factories.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I replaced all of my ceiling lights a couple of years ago with these bulbs and have been very satisfied with both the color and light output. Cost was less than $2 each.

I used these cob lights in some of the fixtures over the dinette and sofa and some of the sconceโ€™s. Cost of these was around $4.50 each.

All of the above bulbs are warm white in color temp and do not produce any TV interference. The distributor is in the United States and none have failed in over two years of heavy use both during the summer and our full time during the winter.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

EPenney
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Almot,

You are correct. I should have said Cob type. I had picked up a couple of Next Wave LED 5050 27 SMD 8-30V warm white bulbs from local Batteries Plus store for $20 each, and the color and brightness are similar to the 921 incandescent bulbs.

When searching online, most of the LED bulbs are spec'd at 12V, and do not indicate a voltage range such as 8-30V like the Next Wave LEDs. I assume I should be looking for LEDs with a voltage range?

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
By tower you mean cob?

This is where I bought mine - both cobs and flat boards with wedge socket:
200 lumen
Soft white are identical in color and brightness to my old bulbs. "White" should be bluer/cooler shade but I didn't order those.

As usual, it is a slow boat. Takes 2 to 6 weeks, be patient.

landyacht318
Explorer
Explorer
The design of your lamp's reflectors plays a huge part in which LED and its layout, will be acceptable.

Generally LEDs do not work well with the reflector and the LED chipsets are best off when all of them point in the direction where light is desired. The flat boards with multiple LED chipsets.

I've been impressed with the 5730 chipsets, much more so than the 5050's. I prefer the single Cree emitters behind a projector lens the most. But these are super directional.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
These guys list lumens for their retrofit bulbs.

Super Bright LEDs
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

EPenney
Explorer
Explorer
I checked out Lights of America, but their bulbs are 120v.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Did you try

Lights of America?