cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

‘93 Beaver Patriot transfer switch

JcoFS3500
Explorer
Explorer
Wednesday evening we used the generator on our way to a dry camping spot. Didn’t use it yesterday because we didn’t need the air conditioning. Dry camped again last night. Fire up the generator this morning and it starts like normal but no power to the coach. Flipped the breakers in the coach and on the generator but no luck. Figured the ATS would be the easiest place to start diagnostics but can’t find it. Wiring would lead me to believe that it is on the drivers side rear corner but can’t figure out what I have to take apart to get to it. Anyone been into the ATS on a ‘93 Patriot 36’?
'93 Jayco FS3500 TT behind a '92 Dodge D250 powered by 5.9L Cummins

'94 Vogue Prima Vista powered by 8.3L Cummins w/ 6spd Allison
7 REPLIES 7

MrWizard
Our previous coach
1995 Safari Sahara DP
6200w LP Onan was drivers side far rear
The OEM inverter charger and the main shore/Genny ATS switch was in the compartment just in front of it, circuit breaker panel was located passenger side bedroom overhead cabinet
Yours is probably near the rear of the coach, maybe in the bay with the shore cord or your converter
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bet it is somewhere close to that Main Power Panel & Shore power cord
Wouldn't make sense or be economical to run wires from shore power cord FORWARD and then Wiring from ATS Back rearward to Main AC Panel
Generator wiring is probably run rearward

So check for removable access panel.....floor of closet, cabinets, dresser draws etc in bedroom
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my 96 Vogue not Beaver, while my shore power is at drivers side rear, generator is front passenger side and transfer switch is in mid driver side bay off set from main breaker panel above. Not much help but just shows it could be anywhere.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

JcoFS3500
Explorer
Explorer
‘93 Beaver Patriot is a new-to-us rig as of 2 weeks ago. Shore power plugs in on the drivers side rear and appears to disappear up behind the drivers side bedroom cabinet. Generator is behind the drivers seat. Breaker box is in the drivers side bedroom rear overhead cabinet but I don’t see access to the ATS (or whatever this coach uses to switch from generator to shore power). We’ve been on the road for a week with a mix of generator/dry camping and RV parks with hookups and this is the first instance of this issue.
'93 Jayco FS3500 TT behind a '92 Dodge D250 powered by 5.9L Cummins

'94 Vogue Prima Vista powered by 8.3L Cummins w/ 6spd Allison

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Where does your Main AC Power Cord go?
Both Generator and shore power would go to the ATS then from ATS to Main AC Panel

93' Patriot .....do you have an 'electrical bay'?

Might want to update your signature line Unless the 93' Patriot is in addition to the ones listed
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe you don't have a ATS. Sometimes you plug the power cord from the camper into a receptical wired from the generator.

Dusty

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe you don't have a ATS. Sometimes you plug the power cord from the camper into a receptical wired from the generator.

Dusty