cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

95 Dynasty, Heart Interface Panel, Freedom 20,

jimwrye
Explorer
Explorer
New engine batteries. New house batteries.
Engine and generator start and run fine.
Hooked up to 110v shore power and/or the generator running....

Inverter charging batteries as it should.
Heart Interface Panel LED's light up like Christmas.
Inverter/charge...ON
AC Input ....ON
Battery.... Flashing slow and intermittently
DC Volts.... Cycling Up and down from 10 - 14.5 volts continuously
DC Amps,...Cycling from 30-40 continuously

Panel switch on or off, Inverter switch on or off, inverter 110 volt passthrough/output wall switch on or off, makes no difference.
If left connected long enough, the Overload lights up.
Only stops when shore power is disconnected and generator is shut down.

Help?
40' 95 Dynasty
4 REPLIES 4

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
jimwrye wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
The usual cause is the system has scrambled. Disconnect 120 and the Large Battery cable to the inverter for 10 minutes. Reconnect the Battery cable and the apply 120. IF that does not stop the problem your Inverter is defective. NOT worth fixing a 22 years old Inverter. Doug

Had my hopes up, but to no avail. Looks like a new inverter. I agree that 22 years is old but then so is everything else, including it's owner.
Thanks for replying Doug.
Jim

You will need a NEW remote panel and communication cable also. The Xantrex Inverters for the past 10 years will not communicate with the older Remote panels. Doug

jimwrye
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
The usual cause is the system has scrambled. Disconnect 120 and the Large Battery cable to the inverter for 10 minutes. Reconnect the Battery cable and the apply 120. IF that does not stop the problem your Inverter is defective. NOT worth fixing a 22 years old Inverter. Doug

Had my hopes up, but to no avail. Looks like a new inverter. I agree that 22 years is old but then so is everything else, including it's owner.
Thanks for replying Doug.
Jim
Jim
40' 95 Dynasty

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad