cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AC won't run in "Auto" Positions on Thermostat

LipschitzWrath
Explorer
Explorer
I thought I'd ask about another problem I was having with my camper as I wait for my local Yamaha dealer to warranty my parallel cable to see if it fixes my other AC problem...

My 2004 5er has a Coleman Mach 7330D3351 thermostat installed in it. These seem pretty standard but for those unfamiliar, this thermostat has two slide switches.

The first one is the "System" switch. Choices are "Cool", "Fan", "Off", and "Heat". This switch seems to work as intended.

The second switch is the "Fan" switch. It has a "High" and "Low" position for "Auto", and the same "High" and "Low" positions for "On".

The issue I'm having is that it seems like the AC doesn't function in either of the "Auto" positions. I'm not talking about difficulty starting or anything like that, I'm talking about running period.

When the fan switch is in either the high or low "Auto" positions, when I switch the mode to cool, *nothing* happens. However, if I flip the fan switch to either of the "On" positions, the A/C immediately fires up and goes to work.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some sort of time delay that I'm not letting elapse? What should be happening? My gut tells me that the A/C should immediately fire up, and that's definitely not happening.

Assuming there is a problem, what is this indicative of - thermostat failure?

I have tried to contact Coleman Mach but they won't help a mere civilian, they tell me I must take it to a service center (none within 100 miles).

Any help would be appreciated.

16 REPLIES 16

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
In Auto have you tried it with the temperature setpoint all the way to cold (55F)?
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

LipschitzWrath
Explorer
Explorer
I now realize that this thread may have been better served if posted in the "Tech Issues".

Mods: Feel free to move.