cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

air conditioner hard start kit

evergladesgator
Explorer
Explorer
Found this on ebay this morning. I ordered two for a spare and a friend. Good price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/500-Boost-Torque-Hard-Start-Kit-115-250V-for-6000-120000-BTU-1-2-10HP-A-C-Units-/200913726159?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec7642acf
gator
2000 F250 Super Duty 7.3 PSD.
1999 Skyline 2427 Nomad 5th wheel.Rancho 9000s, Prodigy, Me, wife & two spoiled chihuahuas. PeePee aka Penelope(6/97-7/08) & Hannah (19 now and seen the USA ). New kid Chiquita aka ChiChi.
6 REPLIES 6

evergladesgator
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure how great a price this is. I got the SUPCO for 7.25 on amazon a couple of weeks ago. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LDPI26/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah,Plus 6 bucks shipping.

Hey Fred. Don't want this to come over as a flame just want it to come over as FACT.
joe
gator
1999 Skyline 2427 Nomad 5th wheel.Rancho 9000s, Prodigy, Me, wife & two spoiled chihuahuas. PeePee aka Penelope(6/97-7/08) & Hannah (19 now and seen the USA ). New kid Chiquita aka ChiChi.

DwnSth
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure how great a price this is. I got the SUPCO for 7.25 on amazon a couple of weeks ago. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LDPI26/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2014 Berkshire 360QL

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
eBay Clicky

The model ending in "6" seems to target the SUPCO SPP6 and yes at a better price. Talk about spelling, what's a "Hart" start kit? The description includes a PTC device then later mentions a Relay. Aren't those mutually exclusive? SPP6e replaces a hard start cap + relay setup, while SPP6 is PTC.

My take - SPP6 knockoff at a better price. Attractive with free shipping. Only problem we've had with our Coleman Mach roof A/C has been the Blower Motor itself. But at home we've had several capacitor failures, both Compressor and Outdoor Fan. I got a spare cap for home (which doesn't use any kind of start device) and while I was at it, I got a spare cap for the Coleman and a spare start kit SPP6e.

A note, I don't know if an appliance parts shop guy was "puffing" his own goods, but he thought the SUPCO kit wasn't a long-lived product. Preferred what he had but wasn't there to sell when my daughter's refrigerator-freezer was down. It's been working OK since 2009 though. Still, I brought a failed house A/C capacitor to an appliance parts shop to match up a replacement. Sales person said, well, the one you had was rated to run only about a year. This one is rated for "much more service" (which I say because she quoted the service life and I forgot. So there's probably a quality difference in these parts.

Every on was Made in China, of course.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
Golden_HVAC wrote:
This is another brand, I am not sure what brand it is. It is not Suppco - the brand that I recomend using and can buy at a air conditioning supply store near my house.

Fred.

????????????? Not very helpful...if your brand is better, find out the name and post it.:S
If it moves but shouldn't, use Duct Tape. If it doesn't move but should, use WD40.

evergladesgator
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear y'all RECCOMEND SUPPCO cause there is NO such company Ya think supco is made in the good ole usa Fred ???????????????????? I was in the trade for " "30" " Plus years and I know what i'm talking about and the last 25 years NOTHING was made in the united states. This one is one of those. Just a better price . Just passing along a product that a lot of people on this site seem to need or want at a decent price and free shipping. Take it for what's it worth . Also, not everyone lives next to an ac supply house. To me , it's worth the money to have a spare.
joe

AND, just for the fun of it I looked up Supco It's not SUPPCO which is short for Sealed Unit Parts out of NJ and the spp6 is made in Ningo, CHINA.
So take your pick of Chinese made parts. Like I said, NOTHING is made in the US any more. Sorry Fred.
gator

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
This is another brand, I am not sure what brand it is. It is not Suppco - the brand that I recomend using and can buy at a air conditioning supply store near my house.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com