cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Alternate to canvas slide toppers

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer

Has anyone seen the product put out by https://www.truetopperusa.com/ ? Instead of a canvas awning like cover on the awning, it is a device designed to sweep/sqeegee off the top of the slide as it is closed, then seal the top of the slide from weather when closed.

It looks very interesting to me. Looking for someone using it for their $0.02

One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us
5 REPLIES 5

SuperBus
Nomad
Nomad

These were discussed extensively on FMCA's forum a while back.  They seem like they are solving a problem that doesn't really exist.  A good quality slide topper works pretty darn good.  If you want to go for the gold and get a great topper look at Girard or ZipDee - they make them however you want - colors, sizes, etc.

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator

nothing I would ever buy, no shading effect, depending on a scraper to clean stuff off, why not keep it off in the first place, including rain.  and I don't think any slide topper is made from canvas.   

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III

Welp, they make a chingadera for everything, donโ€™t theyโ€ฆ.

looks expensive and not worthwhile. 
JMO

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III

Biggest issue is you lose the shading effect. We've had with and without toppers and without on a sunny day, the inside roof of the slide is much warmer without the topper.

I know they say it can be retrofit but removing the top flange is a larger project.

Also, how does the rubber roof of the slide hold up long term being scrapped every time the slide goes in and out.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV