cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ALTITUDE PRESSURE SENSOR

TWO_4_THE_ROAD
Explorer
Explorer
Hello: I have an 07 Chevy 2500HD classic duramax/Allison. A couple years ago while heading up to Mammoth from So. Cal, my "check engine" light came on and the truck lost power. I pulled over and called ON Star and was instructed to wait a bit and restart the engine. When I did the light went off and the truck ran fine for the rest of the trip. Came back home and took it to the dealer and they replace the Altitude Sensor. It was fine for a couple more trips and then it came on again but didn't lose power. Got to my destination and the next morning, started it up and the light was off and never came back on. Now we're planning another long trip but I'm concerned about this light going on again and causing problems. I guess I'll take it to the dealer again, but wondering if there's anything I should mention to them other than the obvious? And has anyone else come across this problem?
thanks in advance.
07 Forestriver Flagstaff 8528GTSS, 07 Chev,2500hd, D/A, , 2000 Mitsubisi Eclipse. ,DW Kathy,DD Maggie
3 REPLIES 3

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Reminds me to not be a hypocrite ๐Ÿ™‚

Physician Heal Thyself...

After I move to Ensenada on the 1st of June. Apart come the connectors throughout the engine compartment (with someone else's hands - arthritis) and drops of D100L go on. Even the fuel pump gas gauge float is going to get dosed.

Here's something to gnaw on...

Computer codes get thrown when specifications venture outside a specific range of micro voltage.

But say an O2 sensor connector gains unwanted resistance. The ECU reads this and rings down for more steam...

When it isn't needed.

Adios fuel economy?

Makes a person wonder. But what the heck gasoline is cheap, right...?

"Well the OBD2 code is showing a bad sensor"

So out comes a perfectly good sensor with connector oxidation, and in goes several hours of a person's salary. Wasted money

Ain't Life Great?

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
it's likely actually the MAP sensor, Manifold absolute pressure sensor. these are a very seldom failure part. I think Mex is onto a more likely problem, an corroded contact or contacts.

And the detoxit is well worht the money. Great stuff
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
DeOxit D100. Unplug this sensor. Drip the cleaning liquid onto the contacts both sides then plug the sensor wires together. I have fixed a dozen such problems this way for locals. When the sensor was unplugged, it serves to "clean" the plug's contacts for awhile. Engine HEAT contributes mightily to connection integrity.

This is good JuJu for all automotive sensors throughout the system.

PS: Nothing else, including DeOxit's other products cleans as well as D100. It leaves a residual film lasting years EXCEPT in very harsh corrosive conditions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAIG-D100L-2DB-DeoxIT-Brush-Bottle-7-4-ml-/221552642283?hash=item33959108eb:...