cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Another slide question????

Thedawg28
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought a new Salem Hemisphere 311QB. It has double slides in the bunk room. One of them does not come all the way out against the seals, one end of it does but the other end doesn't. It's like it comes out at an angle. It's very noticeable at the carpet seams, that's how I actually noticed it. Any simple adjustments that can line it back out?
7 REPLIES 7

Thedawg28
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies. Mine is the Lippert system. I just watched a youtube video. Looks like it takes about 5 minutes to fix.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
If you have the Schwintek system with the tracks on the sidewall, that is the procedure- run it out a foot, run it back in, making sure to keep the switch held down until the motors stop (amp out).
For that system (only), you must hold the switch down until it stops- don't release before it stalls.

Other systems have different adjustment procedures.
-- Chris Bryant

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
I agree if it is warranty let them deal with it, plus I know nothing about slides.

However, I was researching slide maintenance recently and found a utube video by lippert that describes your situation pretty much. Basically said to run slide in 10 inches and back out 3-4 times and the motors will re synchronize. just might work. Check out the video. Also said to always run slide all way in or out when you run it or it will get out of wack.

good luck

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call the mfg, explain the situation and ask them if they will authorize you taking it to another dealer. Like Howard said, not real difficult but unless your familiar with slide mechansims you could make it worse.

Thedawg28
Explorer
Explorer
4.5 hour drive....each way. Lol

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your telling us that your selling dealer missed something that noticable? Shame on that dealer. Take it back, make them fix it!

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Take it back to the dealer. It probably won't take much to get it right, but this type of thing is why you have a warranty. Plus they should know how to do it correctly, and you don't. The last thing you want to do is screw up one of your slides.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"