cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any using the ARP RV Fridge Protection Device?

NEOK
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen the ARP RV Fridge Protection Control on their website. Curious of anyone is using one on their RV refridgerator?
neok
2009 GMC 25000HD Short Bed 6.0 Gas Engine Crew Cab SLT 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
Torklift Talons, Fastguns, Stableload Quick Disconnects, Superhitch & SuperTruss
5 REPLIES 5

Searching_Ut
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered and received on a couple weeks ago, but haven't installed it yet. We tow a lot in the mountains, and often find ourselves parked on overlooks etc that are far from level. Figure once I install the ARP I won't necessarily have to hop in the 5er and shut off the refrigerator every time I'm off level. I've never had any issues in over 30 years of off again on again rv ownership, but always worried about the fridge.

I got the version with a fan controller and two fans since my fridge is in the side. It already has a fan, but didn't work all that good till I modified the fridge compartment to channel the hot air towards the top vent with a sloped deflector.
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD, 4X4, AISIN, B&W Companion Puck Mount
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS, 1kw solar with Trimetric and dual SC2030, 600 watt and 2k inverters.

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
Put one in 2 or 3 years ago. Invisible except for the peace of mind. Pretty easy instal if you are handy.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
An excellent idea for those with an absorption refrigerator. Should have been OE equipment.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

MrWizard
Moved from technology
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I was until I gave up on my NoCold 1200... as it would have saved it when I forgot to turn it off on a steep hill overnight.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...