cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atwood water heater

wdgold
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 6 Gallon heater with push button ignition. It is hard to get started, 3 or 4 attempts, then it will run fine but won't restart automatically at times after it shuts down when water is hot. I have done all the checks that have been suggested to me over time without replacing any parts. I am now convinced something needs to be replaced what part would most likely be causing this?
2 REPLIES 2

chainegang
Explorer
Explorer
One troublesome area on the connection path of our water heater is the push on connection on the post that is part of the control board. The post is not unlike the connection on a sprak plug. What happens over time with the expansion and contraction on the metals, the contact at the end of the wire that pushes onto the post expands just enough to rendure intermittant solid connection. With a 12 volt system this minute amount of voltage will cause the symtom you describe. Put a pair of pliers to the end of he wire connection and close the half circle openning so that you must push solidly to press it back onto the post connection. Hope this helps.

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Totally best to go to your tank, and look up the information online about it, there will be manuals and peoples experiences.

Then post what you have, and see what people have to say about it. There are really many types and most information is available online just for putting in your model number.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel