cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery charger recommendations

mrad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am looking for suggestions for a battery charger that I will need this winter for my ice fishing house. I will have 3 group 27 batteries on a 12 Volt inverter running my TV, satalit tv, a couple LED lights and a ceiling fan. I don't want to break the bank. I don't need ot run on battery power as I have a 2000 watt generator, but I do like having the quietness from evening through about midnight, and again in the morning.
6 REPLIES 6

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ˜‰ I hope it would have been more obvious...

The wheelchair UL battery.

mordecai81
Explorer
Explorer
I have the manual version of the charger BFL references. Works very well and the auto version is the way to go unless you are a goofball like me.

landyacht318
Explorer
Explorer
Mex, were you attempting to reply to the 18AH mightymax wheelchair lift battery charger thread?

As for charging 3 parallel flooded 27s from a 2000 watt generator, BFL13's response for the win.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer

I have a few of these rated 7 amps at 14 volts. Cost me $5 at a surplus store.

Perfect for a UL size battery. Proven by actual experience charging them. You need to snip off the connector. There will be 2 wires inside

Black +

White -

And no, it won't overload the brick or act weird

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
60 amper for $123 and free shipping.

https://www.boatandrvaccessories.com/products/powermax-pm3-60lk-12-volts-60-amp-power-converter-batt...

Cut off the end of a set of jumper cables for wires to output terminals and clamping on.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.