cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Big Foot Levelers stuck

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Platinum Series Big Foot Levelers on my 2018 PleasureWay on a Mercedes 3500 Sprinter. Months ago I extended the jacks to raise my rv so that all the weight would be off the tires.Now, 8 months later, I can't get the jacks to raise back up. The batteries are fully charged, there is plenty of fluid in the reservoir and I can hear a pump running and assuming it's the pump. What do you think I should do next? I've already called Big Foot in White Pigeon, Michigan, but, as usual, nobody has called me back.
7 REPLIES 7

Y-Guy
Congrats! Thanks for sharing the solution!

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
This is an update to my problem with the Bigfoot Leveling system. I was advised by a BigFoot tech that the system needed to be bled and to loosen all 4 of the "retract lines" and to then run the pump until fluid starts coming out and then tighten the fitting. It Worked!! So now I know and hopefully this will help others with a similar problem. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
ernie1 wrote:
I have the Platinum Series Big Foot Levelers on my 2018 PleasureWay on a Mercedes 3500 Sprinter. Months ago I extended the jacks to raise my rv so that all the weight would be off the tires.Now, 8 months later, I can't get the jacks to raise back up. The batteries are fully charged, there is plenty of fluid in the reservoir and I can hear a pump running and assuming it's the pump. What do you think I should do next? I've already called Big Foot in White Pigeon, Michigan, but, as usual, nobody has called me back.

does it take the pressure off the jacks and just won't lift them? then ya probably needs to be bled. my dad went through that and had to get a long 2x4 and lift them while they were trying to retract until he got it fixed. if its not moving at all and keeping you up in the air then hopefully the bleeding fixes it
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
Itinerant1; I've tried all the usuals of extending and retracting the different jacks and even rebooting the board but all to no avail. I even tried disconnecting the hydraulic line that is hooked up to the retract portion of the jack to see if anything changes but nothing happens.

My next thing to try will be to bleed the jacks as per Bigfoot's suggestion. By the way, my system does not have an emergency retract button.

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
Mntundraret; I've finally made contact with Bigfoot and they say it's okay to store the vehicle with the jacks down. Actually I was starting to have this problem before I put the rv into storage. Bigfoot tech guy thinks there's air in the lines and I'm going to have to bleed the system. We'll see.

Itinerant1
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried put it in manual mode and try retracting them individually or extending them individually? I'm sure you did but did you try the emergency retract button?
12v 500ah, 20 cells_ 4s5p (GBS LFMP battery system). 8 CTI 160 watt panels (1,280 watts)2s4p,Panels mounted flat. Magnum PT100 SCC, Magnum 3012 hybrid inverter, ME-ARC 50. Installed 4/2016 been on 24/7/365, daily 35-45% DOD 2,500+ partial cycles.

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator
Since I am the first one to reply here, leaving jacked down during storage was not a good idea. The MH should have had blocks put under the frame for storage and the jacks raised.

The jacks may be corroded, or pressure valve stuck from holding weight that long. My only suggestion is to search the Internet for information on your brand, model, of jack. There may be information found there.
Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29