cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

burbing fridge

MrRetired821
Explorer
Explorer
My 2013 dometic 1350 quit cooling on a trip. Mobil repair tech found a blockage in the cooling unit. He suggested we removed the fridge and turn it upside down to burp the cooling unit. We did that and turned it right side up after a few minutes. The fridge started working like normal. My question is and which the tech couldn't answer, is this a permanent fix or will the blockage show up in the cooling unit somewhere else.
Anyone had this done to their fridge and did it fix the problem long term?
thanks
Smokey&Bobbye
16 REPLIES 16

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Like many things in life, some are luckier than others. It may only work properly for a short time, or if you are lucky, it may work for a long time. Only you can decide, should I just replace the cooling unit now, while convenient, or wait till it quits again, at a time I really need it.

Another thought, is why did it have blockage? Most times from operating off level. In the future, try to keep the trailer closer to level, while running the fridge.

Jerry

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
MrRetired821 wrote:
My 2013 dometic 1350 quit cooling on a trip. Mobil repair tech found a blockage in the cooling unit. He suggested we removed the fridge and turn it upside down to burp the cooling unit. We did that and turned it right side up after a few minutes. The fridge started working like normal. My question is and which the tech couldn't answer, is this a permanent fix or will the blockage show up in the cooling unit somewhere else.
Anyone had this done to their fridge and did it fix the problem long term?
thanks

temporary at best. just moving the blockage so it can show up some where else or the same place later. best be is to just replace the cooling unit on the back of the fridge if you want it to be real reliable.
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100