cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Canada Proof Golf Cart Batteries

Camping_Fool_II
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone heard of or used Canada Proof 6 Volt golf cart batteries. There G2300 battery has the same electrical specifications as USB US2200, Interstate GC2-UTL and slightly better spec then the Trojan T105. They are $25 to $55 CDN cheaper here in Calgary. I was to told that they were made by Johnson Controls.
10 REPLIES 10

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
RAMCAR Batteries in Commerce, California, makes their own GC batteries on site although I prefer their made in Philippines Ramcar batteries. A person could telephone and ask for a distributor.

2700 Carrier Avenue
Commerce
CA 90040-2572
Phone: (323) 726-1212

MrWizard
Calgary...beautiful city, I was there a couple times, back in the 80s

YES of topic
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Us out West wrote:
Is this a 5th wheel topic/question?
No. It was moved here from 5th wheels.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Actually Interstate is a "Re-Brand" as well either US Battery on the west coast or Johnson controls in the east (usually) INterstate does not make batteries.

Johnson Controls makes many batteries.. I do not know if the quality of the lower cost brands is reduced or not, but MANY brands are in fact made by Johnson, and by US battery.. Don't know how many brands DEKA makes.. (But I have DEKAs)

Interesting thing about East Penn Battery (DEKA) is that they own their lead smelting plant..... US lead, Smelted in the US, Batteries made in the US. No China at all.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Camping Fool II wrote:
Has anyone heard of or used Canada Proof 6 Volt golf cart batteries. There G2300 battery has the same electrical specifications as USB US2200, Interstate GC2-UTL and slightly better spec then the Trojan T105. They are $25 to $55 CDN cheaper here in Calgary. I was to told that they were made by Johnson Controls.

The USB 2200 with 232AH was rebranded by Interstate some years ago as their 232AH (white and red), but then Interstate changed to JC and sold those GC2 XHDs (black and green) also 232AH but lately this has changed so now Interstate sells rebranded Trojan T-105s (also black and green) at 225AH with the name GC2 ECL or HCL. But these are about $215 Can. (They also sell a 210AH version for a bit less) UTL is just the name of the type of battery post they have.

Perhaps those Canada Proof ones are rebranded former type Interstate GC2 XHDs at 232 if they are made by JC. Do check the date they were made and last recharged. I have seen where one company that sells 6v has the USB numbering system, but is off by 100 so their "2300" is 232AH like a USB 2200. Maybe that is what you are seeing there.

They have a shelf life, but if not too old can be "recovered" with an Equalization level recharge. Even "new" batts need a good recharge as soon as you get them home to mix the electrolyte. When that is done, take their SG and that will be your "baseline SG" (temperature adjusted) as your target for future recharges.

Prices of all 6v batteries are on the rise from about $175 Can last year around here to just over $200 it seems and it may not be over. ๐Ÿ™‚ Of course they are half that in the States if you can get them there.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

Camping_Fool_II
Explorer
Explorer
Us out West wrote:
Camping Fool II wrote:

Where do you think it belongs?

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
They are the house brand name for Canadian Energy a broad spectrum battery and solar provider.

I've been buying many different types of batteries for years now, I've never been unhappy with any of them, decent prices too.

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Camping Fool II wrote:

Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Better batteries for less money unadvertised in the US made by Johnson Controls. Why am I skeptical?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

raston
Explorer
Explorer
No info... but I am interested (also in Calgary ;))