cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Carlisle Tires

jmaotto
Explorer
Explorer
Has anybody had any history with the Carlisle Radial Trail RH tires. They advertise that they are an updated trailer tire with a speed rating of 87 mph.
44 REPLIES 44

Boxer_Lovers
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced the Blowmax o.e.m. tires with Carlisle ST's. Heavy 5th wheel. Air at 95 p.s.I. No troubles so far.

65 is as fast as I want or need to go anyway.
Dave, Robin, and Buster the Boxer
2008 Beaver Contessa, 42, Caterpillar 425
Toad 2017 Ram 1500, Quad Cab, Limited, M&G brake, Blue Ox.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Had them on the last TT and put about 5,000 on them. Son has them with about 8,000 in 3 yr. Tire guy said they are like any other tire, they are good or they are bad depending on how they are used. Said they dont do good if you take them out one time a yr for vacation. He said guys who use them all the time have had good luck with them.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
hypoxia wrote:
The new ones are OK. I've blown around 30 of the old style Carlisle's.

Gotta ask why you kept on buying them? If I have even a couple of problems with a brand, I don't buy any more.

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
The new ones are OK. I've blown around 30 of the old style Carlisle's.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
One heck of a lot of trailers come equipped with Carlyle tires. It wouldn't surprise me to hear of a few failures the way we abuse them.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
to the texab, I don,t beleave a leopard can change it,s spots.

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
I run my Towmax to 70 where legal and have a few more years of warranty.
If I were buying new tires today, the new Carlisle would be at the top of my list due to their speed rating.
I have run E rated Maxxis and now the Towmax without issues.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

Rmcgrath53
Explorer
Explorer
Have them with no complaints
2008 keystone Everest 345s re
2002 F350 4x4 7.3 diesel crew cab dually. 135,000 miles extra leafs.
Banks stinger/ with an edge attitude set at tow
prodigy 3p curt 20k hitch
trail air suspension trail air pinbox
2 e2000 honda w parralel kit
560 watts solar

8iron
Explorer
Explorer
Sandia Man wrote:
No experience but I've heard this newer Carlisle RH tire were much improved from those that were nicknamed china bombs. Haven't read too much here on the forum about them so I guess the jury is still out on their reliability. Going on our 5th year on our current set of Maxxis tires and will be looking after this season to replace.

Recently checked our local Discount Tire and they are pushing the Carlisle RH tire but I will more than likely go with Maxxis again as there is little feedback on their durability. Of course they will have to order them as they don't stock the Maxxis ST tire, they can usually get them within a couple of days.

It would be nice to have an ST tire rated for higher speeds since we live out west and interstate speeds are much higher than 65mph. We keep our TT tires aired up to max psi and do often find ourselves towing above 65mph with our current set of Maxxis tires.

I think the fact that you haven't read too much means they aren't having significant issues. Carlisle has sold a ton of them and we aren't hearing horror stories yet.
2014 F350 Lariat
2011 Sunset Trail Reserve 29ss

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
No experience but I've heard this newer Carlisle RH tire were much improved from those that were nicknamed china bombs. Haven't read too much here on the forum about them so I guess the jury is still out on their reliability. Going on our 5th year on our current set of Maxxis tires and will be looking after this season to replace.

Recently checked our local Discount Tire and they are pushing the Carlisle RH tire but I will more than likely go with Maxxis again as there is little feedback on their durability. Of course they will have to order them as they don't stock the Maxxis ST tire, they can usually get them within a couple of days.

It would be nice to have an ST tire rated for higher speeds since we live out west and interstate speeds are much higher than 65mph. We keep our TT tires aired up to max psi and do often find ourselves towing above 65mph with our current set of Maxxis tires.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I've had them on my rig for a couple of years. The Bassmaster guys were using them on their boat trailers. You could check to see if there was a rash of boat catastrophes. I'mm guessing about two or three flats would nix them from the fishing tour, those guys like to fly!
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:

X2 they have the nick name of china bomb,s

Amazing how 5 to 10 year old reputation lives on. The "new" Carlisle tire is as good, if not better, than any trailer tire out there. I have them on my existing trailer and have had NO problems at 70-75mph back and forth between ID and AZ. Just ordered a new flatbed trailer with 10.4 GVW and it will come with the new Carlisle radial tires, per my request.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

8iron
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:

I don't believe that nickname is exclusive to the Carlisle brand.
2014 F350 Lariat
2011 Sunset Trail Reserve 29ss

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think I can pull my lawn trailer that fast, cause that's about the only trailer I would put Carlisle tires on. JMHO
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport