cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Champion Inverter questions

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
I did see the "official" Champion Generator topic but it's getting rather large.

I currently have two Honda Inverters, a 650W and a EU1000 with a hard start condition. I'd like to get BOTH running and sold so that I can U/G to a larger genset.

I'm very interested in the new Champion Inverters but I can't determine what model I should be looking at. It appears they have a gray colored model and two yellow colored models. All are 2000 Watts.

I'm referring to this link;
http://www.championpowerequipment.com/products/generators/inverters/

The gray colored Generator, model 73540i, w/USB appears to be the same as the yellow models BUT I see the "w/USB" and can only determine the "w/USB" means it has a USB adapter that plugs into the Cig. lighter for charging USB phones & such. It also has a listed 1700 Rated Watts (the two others dont).

The yellow model 73536i just lists 2000 max watts and appears to have a 12VDC charger circuit/cables

The yellow model 73531 also lists 2000 max watts but no 12VDC charger.

So, Gray or yellow, if yellow what model? Also, on the site they have Sams Club listed BUT I visited my local club and only see the larger generators. Not suer where I can get one of these locally.

Thanks all
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel
4 REPLIES 4

AStinker-
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
Did you end up buying one or more of the champion generators? If so which color? And would you recommend it now? did you buy it from supergen? Also if you did not buy the champion may I ask why not?

Thanks,
Alan

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Guys, I'll check out Supergen. Two positive posts on the place! Would still like to know the differences between the three models.

I did contact Supergen via Email about the different models. Here's the responce;

They have 4 colors. Red, black, gray and yellow.

73531 yellow and 73538 red are both 1600/2000. We sell refurbished on both. Red has DC output, yellow does not.

73536 yellow, 73537 gray and 73540 black all are 1700/2000 and all have DC outputs. Yellow is our standard model. Gray is made for Northern Tool.

Black is our newest model with USB output available.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

Rolling_Condo
Explorer
Explorer
Check with these good folks here Supergen Products. They can help with your questions.
'90 GMC R2500 7.4L w/ Gear Vendor OD
'90 Avion 34V
Cummins Onan P4300ie
Pro Pride 3P
Prodigy

djorgensen3
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Supergen Products. I bought two of the newest black models and they run my 13.5 ac and everything else just fine. On the upside, Supergen Products is also a factory authorized repair facility.