cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Converter/charger

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 26ft Keystone Cougar TT. Prior to that we had 2 Sunlines.I have a had a dual battery set up for years. With the Sunlines,I could go 4 days without recharging the batteries. With the Keystone,I have to charge them every day. I have 2 group 24 deep cycles. That is what I have always used.Since I have had the same set up for years, and got longer use with the Sunline, I assume the charger in the Keystone isn't as good as the ones on the Sunline. So my questions are, where is the unit located? I assume behind the fuse panel and ,what is a good charger to replace it with Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
An upgraded converter-charger is not a bad investment.

A better investment is a battery hydrometer and a multi-meter with a current current clamp. I have a this Uni-T B4Q094 UT210E meter but there are many other to choose from under $100. With this meter you can check the charging voltage, the resting voltage and the amount of current being drawn when you THINK everything is turned off !

It is unusual to to find "true" deep cycle 12V batteries. The most common true deep cycle batteries are 6V golf cart batteries.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
RGar974417 wrote:
...Since I have had the same set up for years, and got longer use with the Sunline, I assume the charger in the Keystone isn't as good as the ones on the Sunline....

I doubt the converter/charger has anything to do with it. I would assume that the newer RV is using more power than the previous one. Additional sensors or systems?
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad