cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Converter

mclaned1
Explorer
Explorer
I need a new converter. Mine has overheated and the fan is not working. I currently have WFCO 35 AMP WF-8835. I am looking to replace it with something better. Looking at the Progressive Dynamics PD9245C. There are a lot of different brands (PD, Iota, Powermax, ect). Looked at BestConverter.com and there are a lot of choices. Some boondocking charged with a 2000w generation, single group 27 deep cycle battery wet cell (going to switch to 6volt next year). About 15ft from converter to battery. No solar anytime soon. Must be a deck mount.
Which brand is the best?
Will a 45AMP converter work?
Is the remote pendent worth it?

Thank You
15 REPLIES 15

Jpatrickc
Explorer
Explorer
I have a PD9260 and am very happy with it. I bought the pendant since it was only around $15.00. It doesn't give you a lot of information since it only has a single led. You have to look at how it flashes to see what is happening. I do like the feature of being able to force the system to bulk charge mode with the pendant.
If you do decide to go to an AGM or SLA battery you can open the case (You have to drill out pop rivets) and change a jumper to set the proper charge rates. It lowers the charge voltage and eliminates the periodic equalizing charge.

Pat
Patrick Campbell
State College, PA
2011 Carriage Cameo 37KS3
2006 Chevy Silverado extended cab LBZ Dually