cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cost of blank vale and cable on 5th wheel

Eyeland
Explorer
Explorer
In Alabama and my blank tank valve and cable has failed. Need to replace it. Had to bring to a RV shop. Trying to figure the est. time and cost. Can anyone comment about there experience?
6 REPLIES 6

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Sewer and tank parts from PPL in Houston I would bet the labor price varies if the tank is dumped and the pipe rinsed or not.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
I had a Thetford valve that leaked on my 5'ver. Stopped off at the local RV place and asked how much to replace. Guy said somewhere around a thousand dollars. Thinking they didn't want to do that s^^ty job unless it was worth their time.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
Won't the RV shop give you an estimate? Without looking at it, it may be hard to give an estimate. It may be something simple like the cable unscrewed from the blade. Figure an hour.
If requires removing the valve and your tank has waste in it. It is going to cost you.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
I probably did not get the best deal but bought from amazon.

Only four bolts, some time on your back under there, and you will just love it when some of that stuff runs down your arm puddles in your arm pit. :R

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I just had to look at the thread to find out what is a "blank vale".

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Took me about two hours to change mine last fall in my driveway. Parts from FR cost me about 50 dollars. Time included dropping the belly, taking the 4 bolts out and working the old blade assembly out, cleaning and greasing everything and putting everything back together.