cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Country Coach 110V Problem

WhereRwe
Explorer
Explorer
My friend has a 2000 Country Coach Intrigue and we are chasing an electrical problem. All of the outlets on the curb side of the coach have no power. I thought it might be a bad GFI plug in the bedroom which I assume is the first outlet on the circuit, but there is no power feeding into the plug. Has anyone ever experienced this or have any ideas where I could start looking?
Eric J
Living the dream...
Wonderful wife, great kids...and pulling something with a really cool truck. Actually I don't even like camping, It's just an excuse to pull a big trailer.:W

2004 F350 FX4 Lariat. 6.0 PSD
2007 CrossRoads CF32BL
7 REPLIES 7

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote to check the breaker on the inverter. One popped once on mine then never again.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit gave you a starting point, from resetting all the CBs, remove panel and check the output of each CB. Don't forget checking the GFCI locations by pushing the test and then reset. It is sometimes hard to tell if a CB of GFCI has been tripped that is why when we changed all the outlets and wall switches in our S&B, I installed GFCIs with indicator lights.

This is a good point to recommend that you label all your CBs if they are not labeled. If you can get the schematics so much the better, but label each CB when you find out what circuit it protects.

If all the CBs have 120 volt output, go to the dead outlet closest to the panel and open that up and check for power, and check each one until you have checked them all. It is a hunt and find situation without a schematic, it can be hunt and find even with the schematic.

As noted there is often a second GFCI or even a third, typical locations are bath, kitchen, outside utility cabinet, all of the weathertite boxes on the side of the rig. Cabinet mounted may face out so you can see them, down which is often missed, inside the cabinet, inside any exterior cabinet, especially one with plumbing exposed. I think they like to hide them from us. When labing your CB panel, note any circuit with a GFCI. The panel manufacturers often include labels for that when you purchase a new panel.

For the initial search, a non-contact tester is adequate, is fully insulated and it only has one probe, therefor, it only requires one hand to use.

Okay, here is a blatant ad, a "brother P-Touch label maker" is a great bet for labels in a RV. Weather proof and very clear, color tape and print available, and very professional looking. I'm not in any way connected with the "brother" products, it's not blatant in that way, it's just manufacturer specific.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
I had one similar to that. The screw on the neutral wire for the circuit at the buss bar needed to be tightened up.

ricklord2001
Explorer
Explorer
i had the same type of problem on my 2nd RV not a CC. !/2 my coach AC was not working. After checking everything, I ended up at the power cord. I firmly reset it in the pedestal and on the coach end and it fixed the problem. one of the sides was not making good contact. I also mentioned this on another post a while back and the poster ended up fixing it the same way. Good Luck!

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like 1 of the 2 inverters has a tripped breaker or has gone tits up.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Check with CC for a drawing of the AC electrical routing. There may be more than one GFI in the circuit so check them all.

I had a mostly dead side once and it turned out to be a open circuit in the Patio outlet. I never would have checked there myself (because it was outside - out of sight, out of mind), someone on this forum sent me in that direction. And first off, it measured 120 V there. But once I pulled it out of the sidewall, it was obviously bad. Terminal completely corroded through. Everything downstream from there inside the RV was dead. And that patio outlet was the 2nd item on the branch.

Then once I had a junction box open. And it was inside a wall. No way to get to it without major remodeling. So I bypassed it, left it alone since it's main branch was working normally. Used the MicroWave 20 amp circuit to power the dead branch by extending it and back feeding the bad branch. Still took some remodeling work, but much simpler than tearing out a wall.

I'd recommend you either get that drawing from CC, or make your own, using the CBs as telltales so you can chase down the exact branch that's opened.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have you checked the AC Circuit Breakers ---------turn them off then ON
Are any outlets fed from an inverter.....trip CB on inverter?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31