cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cummins 350 hp

2BNOT2B
Explorer
Explorer
Considering the purchase of a 2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40X with the Spartan chassis and the Cummins 350 hp engine.

I am trying to find out the torque for this engine. After reading articles on the net they have it all over the place. If anyone has knowledge or has this engine and knows what the torque is I would appreciate your help.

Any addition info on this vehicle is welcome.

Thanks for all the expertise on this forum, Bill.
03, Fleetwood Expedition, 39Z
300HP Cummins, 6 Speed Allison
2013, Jeep Wrangler Sport
9 REPLIES 9

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
The older 855 series PT Cummins 350 HP had 1060 lbs ft of torque @ 1100 RPM

Cam, injectors, and turbo could change that engine from 290 HP "Fuel Squeezer" to a 480 HP tiger.

I elected to go 400 HP with Quicksilver because I did not have an Allison automatic to think about. You can always back out throttle with excess ponies.

A good steep grade is a polygraph.

2BNOT2B
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Rollnhome, this is good info from an owner that I appreciate.

eichacsj;Thanks for the website, will read it and hopefully learn more.

Thank you to all who shared your information with me, this is what makes the forum great.

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
2BNOT2B wrote:
According to the article Kevin sent it is an ISB, 6.7 L. The torque is 750 lb/ft @1800 rpm. I think my numbers are correct without going back and checking.

Will also go to the Gates website. Thanks again, Bill.

I have had mine to Key West, Novia Scotia, Fairbanks, Alaska, Puerto Penasco, Mexico, Smokie MTS, Corpus Chrisy and more I am satisfied with the power. Towing jeep in signature.
Went to Canada towing a 20ft car hauler with our Jag XK inside, no major slow downs.
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
40X roadtes clicky
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee

eichacsj
Explorer
Explorer
You are good to look for torque that is what counts. HP is just a calculation. Torque to HP, HP to Torque calculator http://www.1728.org/mtrtrq.htm
2014 Arctic Fox 30U
2001 Silverado 2500 HD, 4WD
8.1 Vortec / 4.10 gears / ATS Stage 2 Allison Transmission with Co-Pilot
Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
Reece Class 5 Hitch with 1700lb bars

2BNOT2B
Explorer
Explorer
According to the article Kevin sent it is an ISB, 6.7 L. The torque is 750 lb/ft @1800 rpm. I think my numbers are correct without going back and checking.

Will also go to the Gates website. Thanks again, Bill.

2BNOT2B
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Kevin,

Not sure I like the 750 lb/ft with the 350hp. I guess a test drive is in order if I make the final decision to buy. Only problem is, I am in Louisiana with no mountains in sight.

Bill.

mikebte
Explorer
Explorer
Take the vin of the coach and look up Gates vin decoder. Find out What Cummins it is. 350 is the hp rating and is mostly useless. Find out if it's an ISB, ISC, ISL or what the engine size is, ISC or ISL will always pull great, they are high torque motors.
ISB just lets them advertise diesel motors.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.motorhome.com/rv-reviews/motorhome-reviews/road-tested-fleetwood-discovery-40x/
Kevin