cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Different Lithium Battery Charge Controllers Are Being Added

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.ebay.com/itm/7s-Cells-24V-20A-W-Balancing-Li-ion-Lithium-18650-Battery-BMS-Protection-Bo...

7s Cells 24V 20A W/Balancing Li-ion Lithium 18650 Battery BMS Protection Board
3 REPLIES 3

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Why do you need a light under the kitchen table, Mex?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I have a feeling this is just the start. Like buck boosters were ten years ago. I want to wire my stick & brick haunts with 10 watt motion detector battery operated emergency lights. Bed to bathroom to kitchen for a glass of water. The lights went out at 0300 while in the bathroom. Floor ramps, steps, narrow shoulder and elbow bruising doorways. Learned me. Now there is a rechargeable light on the toilet tank. But will I remember to return it?

RVs have batteries unless they (SURPRISE!) don't ๐Ÿ™‚

It sure is nice having guaranteed lighting independent of anything else.
Auto on and off. Auto recharge with decent storage capacity and tiny size. Check out 12 volt 10 watt floodlight for mounting on the underside of a kitchen table.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
its pretty much all the same chip, from 3s through 8s, just more diodes and transistors on the bigger BMS. Dead simple and fairly reliable from what I've seen.

Heatsink on the diodes and transistors might be prudent if using a non lithium specific charging source, since those components bare the brunt of the charger's output once the protected cell hits the cut-off voltage.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed