cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Domenic Air Contioner

James2m1
Explorer
Explorer
MY Domenic 1350 air conditioner with single wall unit controller. When I turn on the heater my air conditioner try's to turn on. the thermostat is set to auto. Looking for ideas on how to fix it. If I'm plugged into electric some times the heater and air conditioner both come on
3 REPLIES 3

James2m1
Explorer
Explorer
I was able to reset the thermostat and at this point it has stopped clicking. I contacted Domenic and that is what they recommended so we will see.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
If you have the capacitive touch Dometic thermostat, many have had problems with it. A couple of owners I know have removed the cover & "touch" the metal contacts to make changes.

If you replace it, consider the Hutch Mountain replacement. More expensive, but it is easier to "touch" and will do both Bluetooth & WiFi. There are a couple of different versions - check with Hutch Mountain to determine which matches your existing thermostat.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
You might try redoing your description of what the issue is.

The air conditioner should not operate if not on shore power. Are you saying it does??

With the fan set to auto, and plugged into shore power (electric), the AC fan should not come on, when stat is set to heat. If on low, or high fan setting, then both may operate.

If it used to work as I described, but now does not, you may need a new stat.

Jerry