Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic 2310

RWWIEFER
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning from Az,
3 way propane side issue. Could it be?? DOMETIC 2007199009 RV REFRIGERATOR COMBO THERMOSTAT
I'm hoping this is the problem, when on propane and either #1 or Highest setting the flame never changes in height and fridge gets down to 35 at night and 50 during the day. Flame stays at about 1.5" tall all blue ??
5 REPLIES 5

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Most 3 way Dometic refers have a BYPASS Tstat for the LP temp control. That means when calling for cooling the flame is HIGH(Normal). When it reaches temp the LP pressure is bypassed and the flame lowers to a small enough flame to not cause cooling. So , you probably have either a defective LP tstat or the Tstat wire is not secured to the Evap fins on the inside of the refer. Doug

RWWIEFER
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Roger, did not know that. I'll keep researching (checking unit to see why it gets to 35 in the am and then warms to 50 through out the day and its not hot yet in Az. lol

RWWIEFER
Explorer
Explorer
Forgot to mention its a Dometic 2310 in a pop truck camper.

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wouldn't expect to see a change in flame height. The thermostat is a simple on/off switch. Burner on until it gets to a certain temperature then burner off.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A