cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DOMETIC REFRIGERATOR RM1350 NOT WORKING ON ELECTRIC POWER

kingsransom
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2012 Dometic refrigerator that is only working on propane. We had this issue once before (a year ago), and only had to replace the fuse in the outside compartment of the frig. We got another fuse, the frig started working on shore power, then within 10-15 minutes it changed to propane again. We had someone come to check it, but he wants to just replace everything not knowing what is really wrong with it, and charge us approx $800. Our panel inside the frig has the auto light on, and the LA light on. Any ideas what may be wrong?
Bill & Debbie
Fleetwood Bounder 35ft gas V10
Honda CRV
7 REPLIES 7

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
I would also look closely at the fuse holder for the fuse you replaced- if they get loose, the fuse can actually melt and open (but look good), plus the holder could just be broken.
-- Chris Bryant

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
The unit is not seeing 120 volts AC. Have you checked the receptacle with a known good appliance such as light, hair dryer?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

kingsransom
Explorer
Explorer
No, no error codes on refrig. The dot is lit for auto and lp, along with the temp. Is there any way to know if it is the circuit, or the heaters, or could it have anything to do with the 12 volt portion? IE: how do I determine the part that has the problem without having to replace the circuit board and the 2 heaters (and hope it was one of them). KO, I see that you are in Tampa, do you recommend any dealer there for repairs? I need someone to work with my warranty company. Thanks for your help.
Bill & Debbie
Honda CRV

KO
Explorer
Explorer
Are you buy chance getting any error codes on the refer?

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Open the outside access, on the right side is a square or round vertical assembly. On the bottom is where the LP flame is located. About 12-15 inches up there should be a pair of wires coming out that go to the circuit board. These are the wires to the element.
Use a known good 120 volt device such as a light or drill to test outlet.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

kingsransom
Explorer
Explorer
What is a "stack"? Thanks for response.
Bill & Debbie
Honda CRV

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
1) Verify 120 volts is present in receptacle.
Locate the two small wires going to the stack from the circuit board.
2) Use a volt meter to check to see if there is 120 volts coming out of the circuit board.
No, voltage, bad circuit board.
Voltage, disconnect power to the refer, disconnect the wires going to the stack. Use Ohm meter to check for continuity. No, continuity, bad element.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow