cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic Thermostat

ragmin
Explorer
Explorer
The A/C should be able to be set to automatic fan speed which will cause the fan to only kick on when a/c is needed. This function has not worked for us and we've had to have the fan speed set to hi or low in order for the fan to turn on. This causes the fan to always run whether the compressor is going or not.

Additionally, we have had issues with getting the fan to start if it is set to low. The workaround has been to start the fan in hi, once the fan starts, then switch to low and the fan will switch to low and continue to run. On our last trip, we also had for the first time the fan not turning on when set to hi. This particular issue hasn't happened before. We turned the A/C on and off several times, flipped the breaker to the camper and still could not get it to work. I left it sit for an hour and then went back and was able to get the fan to start again on hi, switched it to low, and let it run on low for the remainder of our trip.

It would be great to get it operational on automatic so that the fan only needs to run when A/C compression is needed.

Thank you for any help as where planning another road trip.
8 REPLIES 8

ragmin
Explorer
Explorer
If I need to purchase a capacitor or blower motor can someone recommend an online supplier?

Thank you

ragmin
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you again for any assistance in helping me solve this issue. Here is the information that you requested.

2016 Forest River, VIBE, 272 BHS

I've tried to attach a picture but failed.

Thank you again

ragmin
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for all of the feed back, I'll get the additional information that you've asked for and post it.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You just joined. You need to post more info to get help
1. Year/Brand/Model of RV
2. Type tstat or post a pic or model number. There are at least 5 or six different Dometic Tstats
3. The TSTAT will NOT cause your problem. Odds are it is a bad fan capacitor or BAD Fan motor. This is where the AGE of the RV and AC is needed. Doug

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
wnjj wrote:
As for the fan not starting on low and/or not starting at all, it likely has a bad starting capacitor.

That, or the bearings getting sticky. Can you get a hold on the inside blower wheel and try to give it a spin? If it doesn't coast a little before stopping, could be bearings, probably the one exposed outside. If it does coast, give it a flip, get clear of it and turn it to Low. If it starts then, probably the capacitor.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Mine has 3 choices. Hi, lo, auto. Auto only runs with the furnace or AC. Hi or
Lo will run continuously.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
The thermostat should turn on the fan when it turns on the AC. It sounds like it isn't working.

As for the fan not starting on low and/or not starting at all, it likely has a bad starting capacitor.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Exactly what thermostat do you have? Dometic makes several.