IN TRANSIT
Shipper has been notified to pick up package

Chased down ad for CREE lamp
Looked at specs
Lamp has EPISTAR chips
Asked vendor why Epistar not CREE

Got answer from Chinese vendor today

"What's Wrong With Epistar Chips?

Beware of eBay carnival barkers. Chase down all specifications. "TFal Scmeefal. So what if it's a Mirro 2oz pot. It' cooks doesn't it?"

Be careful is all I can say...
13 REPLIES 13

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Guangdong Province with modest shipping price has proven excellent for me. Tough yo beat e-packet or China Post. Ship free has caused too many delays.

From USA try this: transistors. 50 will fit into a small mail envelope. Vendor wanted a just price of $2.25 ea. Flagstaff AZ to San Diego US Mail 50 pieces $106 postage. Surface mail 5 day delivery. Agree to purchase then pay and you is screwed blued glued and tattooed. eBay will do zero.

All I'm saying is Be Careful. This stuff is gold plated attempts at FRAUD.

Follow up with cart price, shipping totals, delivery date, and absolute compliance with features and brand name components

THEN press the Purchase Key

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
I've never had trouble with hong kong. I choose them or shenzhen, for the fast transit time.

I've only ordered from thailand a few times -- vet and human OTC meds. No problems.

The only east asia problem I've had is in not realising how much longer shipping takes from the interior.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Lady Fitzgerald wrote:
SCVJeff wrote:
Beef it with eBay, if it's significant money they will broker a resolution for you. That's false advertising and a negative review is like Kryptonite to those sellers. I have never not been refunded for bad or wrong merchandise

It's pretty much impossible to complain to eBay anymore.
As I said, I have never lost a beef with eBay, and it's totaled several thoussand $$ over the years. Everything from a defective Xantrex Prosine, to a burned up 50A Hughes transformer. Those in China that I've had issues with have simply refunded payments. Once their resolution department gets involved, they stick with it until there's an agreeable solution. That's far from "impossible"

(Edit: iPhone spellin)
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Beware of electronic parts from south east asia. 100% delivery failure seven items 2 years different vendors. Hong Kong and Thailand seem to be the worst.

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
I know it takes about 5 days from the east coast of china, and two weeks or more from the interior, for a package to get to me. So when I see estimated deliveries of 6 weeks I figure they have not even made the item yet.

I buy a lot of stuff on ebay from china, and am almost always happy with the service. I am not knocking it.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Multiple shipping locations. Lin Xao Peng clued me into this. The following is not citical or judgemental. It is simple fact.

eBay sales imports from China.

One family known to distributors moves to USA. A 100% family operation.

They rent a warehouse. No signs no phone.

Items are tranported from port to warehouse
Sales are electronic. Zero receipts are issued via paper

Even for in-state sales no sales tax is reported or collected
No federal income tax is reported or paid

No income tax is reported or paid.
No social security tax is reported for family.

Families move frequently depending on heat from authorities. California's State Board of Equalization has been chasing them for years. SBoA claims $10,000,000 + not paid.

Same labor operation modus operendi as a Chinese restaurant as far as labor is concerned.

Lady_Fitzgerald
Explorer
Explorer
Naio wrote:
YOUR PACKAGE HAS SHIPPED

== Seller has printed a shipping label at home and might take your package to the shipper pretty soon.

The one that really p*ssed me off: I bought a cell phone charger and paid more for one that was listed as located in, and shipped from, the same state I was in. I needed it quickly. I never got it because the REAL ship-from location was overseas, I was gone before it arrived, local post office does not forward overseas mail, yadda yadda.

I buy ebay stuff from china all the time. It's faster than stuff from the east coast of the US, usually. But when I pay a premium for local shipping it's because I want goldarned local shipping.

If an eBay vendor uses eBay's software to generate a shipping label, eBay will immediately automatically send a notice saying the package has been shipped. I've had vendors generate a shipping label (mostly Chinese vendors) before they even have pulled the item. On many occasions I've had vendors (all Chinese arbitrageurs except for one Israeli arbitrageur) create a shipping label and when I questioned them why the item hadn't been received by the carrier several days later, they all claimed "their warehouse was out of stock".

Many Chinese "vendors" will take your money and even claim to have shipped an item but it will never show up. Usually, those "vendors" (I have other names for them but Mama told me not to use those words) will show a shipping time of over four weeks. I avoid Chinese vendors like the plague now.

I also avoid any vendors that do not a specific shipping location (they usually just say USA or Multiple Locations, USA) or something similar). Those are usually arbitrageurs or vendors that have their orders fulfilled by Amazon (have Amazon warehouse, pull, pack, and ship the item) and charge more than that vendor charges on Amazon.

Btw, an arbitrageur, in this context, is a lying, low life piece of work that lists another company's merchandise as his own, takes your money (plus some more to line his pocket), then turns around and orders the merchandise from the real vendor and the order dropped shipped to you.
Jeannie

Lady_Fitzgerald
Explorer
Explorer
SCVJeff wrote:
Beef it with eBay, if it's significant money they will broker a resolution for you. That's false advertising and a negative review is like Kryptonite to those sellers. I have never not been refunded for bad or wrong merchandise

It's pretty much impossible to complain to eBay anymore.
Jeannie

Lady_Fitzgerald
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
YOUR PACKAGE HAS SHIPPED
Your payment cleared

YOUR PACKAGE IS ON THE WAY
We are wrapping it

IN TRANSIT
Shipper has been notified to pick up package...

That's pretty close to the truth!
Jeannie

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
YOUR PACKAGE HAS SHIPPED

== Seller has printed a shipping label at home and might take your package to the shipper pretty soon.

The one that really p*ssed me off: I bought a cell phone charger and paid more for one that was listed as located in, and shipped from, the same state I was in. I needed it quickly. I never got it because the REAL ship-from location was overseas, I was gone before it arrived, local post office does not forward overseas mail, yadda yadda.

I buy ebay stuff from china all the time. It's faster than stuff from the east coast of the US, usually. But when I pay a premium for local shipping it's because I want goldarned local shipping.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Oooooo I caught this before I spent the money waited three weeks for delivery drove 160 miles returned plugged it in to find I was duped. Then before i did the eBay runaround waited a week for a refund and started all over again.

eBay makes things difficult by not having a signed-in site report hyperlink.

Thought I'd offer a head's up...

"BMW? What's Wrong With A Kia (Korean Imitation Automobile)?

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Why Epistar and not Cree? Obviously, the former is cheaper for them to use! Brand recognition commands a premium, and so does quality (most times).
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point