cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electric issues

Carlosandranae
Explorer
Explorer

Hello everyone. We been off the road for a few years now. We were members of rv.net so this is a whole new look. Our problems as follows. 50 amp plug. Breaker works fine, electricity flows from breaker to plu to plug in cable, however when I plug it into the camper it trips the 50 amp breaker. So the issue it seems to me is in the camper. Where do I start looking for troubleshooting this problem? Camper is a 2017 Jayco Seismic toy hauler 4212. It has 1280 ams of solar. The solar works good. Could it be the converter? Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad

Basic troubleshooting. Turn off all the breakers inside the RV. Plug it into the wall . Did the breaker pop? If it did then you have a problem between your power cable and the RV breaker panel. If it did not start turning on the RV breakers until one pops. That will be your bad circuit. Check the rest to insure your don't have any other issues. Now go back and troubleshoot that circuit.

bid_time
Nomad
Nomad

Sounds like either breaker in camper is bad but more likely (IMO) a mouse chewed a wire somewhere between the breaker box and the plug on the camper.