cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electrical question 2018 F350

redink
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know specifically where the blank tab off the relay box connects to internally? It goes hot when the acc is on. 2018 F350 diesel.

The other connects straight to the right side battery and powers the relay box best I can tell

I'm trying to find the best place to connect 4 gauge wire to run directly back to my Lance camper's charging relay for more charging from the alternator.

I have a connector and plan 4 gauge all the way to the battery after the blue seas 7610 and of course a fuse right of where I tap fpr the power from the truck.

Thanks!
2012 Lance 825 on a 2008 Ford F-250 Diesel with Rancho 9000's, Fast Guns, Stableload Quick Disconnects for lowers and homemade Bumbers for the uppers, TokLift Tie Downs
1 REPLY 1

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
redink wrote:
I'm trying to find the best place to connect 4 gauge wire to run directly back to my Lance camper's charging relay for more charging from the alternator.

I have a connector and plan 4 gauge all the way to the battery after the blue seas 7610 and of course a fuse right of where I tap fpr the power from the truck.

Waste of time and money !

Your truck uses a "smart charging" system. A few minutes are starting the voltage get reduced to about 13.2V. Even with a 4 gauge wire to the camper and assuming ZERO voltage drop, 13.2V is not enough to RECHARGE a lead acid battery. Yes, it will prevent it from discharging, but it will NEVER FULLY RECHARGE !

Buy a DC-DC battery charger and use the stock wiring.