cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fan-tastic Vent

mikefarley
Explorer
Explorer
Hey folks - looking for some help. Have a Fan-tastic Vent in bathroom of a 2007 HR Neptune motorhome that has stopped working. There is no power coming to switch and have been unable to find any fuse, other than the overhead cartridge fuse. Have swapped all 15 amp fuses in closet. Also, the owner's manual is of no help - the diagrams are useless.
Does anyone know where the 15 amp fuse would be?
10 REPLIES 10

mikefarley
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks folks - I finally found the fuse I missed. Thanks again for all of your input. :C

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
Mike,

I've had, more than once, a fantastic fan stop because the lid switch was corroded.

It is on the ground side. To check it, ground your meter at a 12v ground _other than_ the fan and then measure power at the fan.
Joe and Evelyn

Moved from Forum Technical Support

diazr2
Explorer
Explorer
lanerd wrote:
What kind of tool is a Fox and Hound? I am always looking for a tool that will help me track down wiring problems. Never heard of this one.

Fox & Hound

much appreciated thank you

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
What kind of tool is a Fox and Hound? I am always looking for a tool that will help me track down wiring problems. Never heard of this one.

Fox & Hound
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Check the downstream side of all the fuses as a starter. These are the DC fuses right?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

diazr2
Explorer
Explorer
YC 1 wrote:
It can be a real pain chasing a blown fuse in these things. Using a fox and hound makes it kind of fun. This is one tool I do not leave home without. Put the tone injector on the switch and then take the sniffer to chase the wire down to the fuse block. Or just go straight to the fuse blocks to see if there is a blown fuse you missed.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Check for anything else not working. Find the circuit for the overhead lights. Celing light might have to be on.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
It can be a real pain chasing a blown fuse in these things. Using a fox and hound makes it kind of fun. This is one tool I do not leave home without. Put the tone injector on the switch and then take the sniffer to chase the wire down to the fuse block. Or just go straight to the fuse blocks to see if there is a blown fuse you missed.

fox and hound
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
Give us more info. Make and model of RV.

There has to be a 12 volt fuse panel hidden someplace.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+