cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Foot valve for shower?

True_temper
Explorer
Explorer
Any one seen or made a foot valve to turn the shower on after the mixing valves? When boondocking it would be nice to control the shower head with a foot operated valve. Leaving both hands to wash the soap out. Itโ€™s a pain to turn the head on and off.
16 REPLIES 16

MrWizard
maybe use your HEEL to step on the pedal, when you turn around with back to the shower head
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
I love the thinking outside the box. For 8 bucks its worth a shot just for the fun factor!!

Was trying to decide if i would like something like this. Could easily simulate to do a test. Put a rag on the shower floor and try taking a shower where you have to have one foot on the rag anytime the water is running. I sorta spin around (like a beautiful ballerina) to rinse off soap. Sometimes facing forward, sometimes backward. The foot pedal might make it a pain just to keep the water running.

A locking foot pedal like a golf cart brake pedal might be another fun idea. Waw-waw pedal for when you have music blasting during your shower?

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
With our Camco handheld shower head, we slide the no-drip thumb valve on to wet down, slide it off and stow the shower head in its holder, soap up/wash, grab the shower head, slide the valve on again and rinse off. No "pain" involved...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

True_temper
Explorer
Explorer
I think i am going to order this one. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Way-2-Position-Foot-Operate-Pneumatic-Pedal-Valve-Blue-3FM210-08-DT/262670300931?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
A foot valve is a fantastic idea. I'm going to get one for sure.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

MrWizard
SDHobo wrote:
The one Wizard suggested is for controlling Air. I think the one the OP is looking for is found under "foot pedal water valve" on Yahoo. There are lots of them for water for about $20.
Great question! Why didn't I think of that?
Dick

Yep he is

The one he linked TOO, would be a monster, on the floor of an RV shower I think it needs to be mounted to a wall

The ones for air are compact, designed to be connected to hoses

If Brass or stainless are rust proof

Industrial air pressure is frequent higher than the water pressure in your RV

No know reason for it to not work
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Explorer II
Explorer II
I installed This Valve coming off the mixing valve. It's a dribble valve, not a full shutoff valve. DW Approved, easy to install and use.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
sch911 wrote:
Most RV shower heads already have an On/Off button on the shower head.
Couldn't be bothered to read to the end of the post? "Itโ€™s a pain to turn the head on and off."

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Most RV shower heads already have an On/Off button on the shower head.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

SDHobo
Explorer
Explorer
The one Wizard suggested is for controlling Air. I think the one the OP is looking for is found under "foot pedal water valve" on Yahoo. There are lots of them for water for about $20.
Great question! Why didn't I think of that?
Dick
'08 Fleetwood Providence 40X
w/ 2016 Ford Fiesta SE (w/Navi) Toad
Dick and Mary
Random Kids, Grandkids and Great Grandkids

MrWizard
use the advanced post form
click the link ICON and paste your link in there

foot pedal clicky
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

True_temper
Explorer
Explorer
Guess the like didnโ€™t make it. Donโ€™t know how to post a link on this forum.

True_temper
Explorer
Explorer
So far the best thing i have found is this, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Public-Places-Foot-Pedal-Copper-Single-Water-Tap-Faucet-Control-Switch-Valve-1PC/263816071149?epid=11011135374&hash=item3d6ca9c7ed%3Ag%3AaqUAAOSwaK1bSTPk&_sacat=0&_nkw=foot+pedal+valve&_from=R40&rt=nc Still not done looking. May have to make my own setup.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
haven't seen a foot valve but we installed the oxygenetics head along with the two position push valve they offer. one is a dribble, and you set the other rate with the oxygenetics valve. push one way, dribble, push the other way for stream.

I agree, a foot valve would be even nicer.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!