Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fresh Water Leak

Clear_Fork
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning all.
My 1991 Fleetwood Jamboree Class C has developed a fresh water leak which has me stumped. When I turn on the water pump or hook up to shore water the water rushes out one of the two outlets behind the rear wheel under the MH. I'm not able to pressurize the system at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

Clear_Fork
Explorer
Explorer
ksg5000 thanks for the other location tips. These were located under the drawers under the closet, beside the refrigerator.

Clear_Fork
Explorer
Explorer
Found 'em! Thanks for all the help.
They were indeed "directly above the drains" and the push-pull type!
Of course they also happened to be semi buried in carpet.

Thank you all very much! Now I can take a shower.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I have 91 Jamboree. Try looking for a 6" panel located on hallway wall near the shower floor - that has two valves which control the hot/cold shower drains which drain near the passenger side rear tires. The other drain valves can be accessed by looking in the compartment under the kitchen dinette bench (same compartment where water pump and water heater are located). Follow the water lines which run under the kitchen sink - the valves are located about 5" in. There just pop up valves and you need to press down to close them.
Kevin

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Clear Fork wrote:
Thanks for the quick replies folks.
The end of the drain is not threaded and I can't find any valves. I've looked under the sink, under the bed, under the couch, and have taken the cabinet apart under the vanity sink which is approximately above the drain. Water lines in all of those places but no valves.

I've been using the outside "spigot" valve to drain the tank for winterization/sanitization.

The valves should be directly above the drains.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Clear_Fork
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the quick replies folks.
The end of the drain is not threaded and I can't find any valves. I've looked under the sink, under the bed, under the couch, and have taken the cabinet apart under the vanity sink which is approximately above the drain. Water lines in all of those places but no valves.

I've been using the outside "spigot" valve to drain the tank for winterization/sanitization.

Flyfasteddie
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like a line drain valve has been inadvertently opened. Inside the motorhome above where the water is coming out there should be two water lines with valves that have a push/pull handle on them. Probably inside a cabinet or under a dinette seat.

Hopefully it's just a case of the valve needing to be pushed back down.

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
RVs come with low point drains. There may be more than one. My 1990 Winnebago Warrior has 4 - 2 under a bed and 2 under the sink in the bathroom.

I open the valves after every trip, draining the entire system. I also open the faucets so that there is no vacuum and the lines drain completely. This is essential when it gets below freezing or you will break your water lines.

So, probably you need to close those valves. On mine they are push/pull affairs.

Steve
1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

troubledwaters
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like your missing a cap on the low point drain. Look at the end of the pipes (both of them), are there threads? If so they should have a cap on them. If not, there is a valve somewhere on those two lines. If not outside, look inside where those lines exit the camper. Close the valves or cap the lines, that should fix the problem.