cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fresh water tank monitor wiring question

dbn1164
Explorer
Explorer
I recently purchased a 2009 trail lite hybrid and the fresh water tank monitor goes from full (all lights lit) and after use it goes to no lights at all. I looked at the wiring and this what I found. I have 4 sensors, the top sensor is about an inch from the top of the tank and has the power wire running to it. The next two sensors are about an inch from the bottom of the tank and and the fourth sensor is about a half an inch from the bottom of the tank all three wires of these sensors are run into a resistor along with a ground wire running from the lowest sensor.I'm thinking that it may have been wired wrong from the factory.I am wondering if I swap the power wire with one of the middle sensors I would get more of an accurate reading. What do you think?
3 REPLIES 3

markchengr
Explorer
Explorer
These sensors as supplied by the manufacturers are so notoriously unreliable that I don't think I've even looked at mine for several years.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Top 3 highest mounted sensors are typically:

TOP----FULL
MID----2/3
LOW----1/3

Bottom sensor is ground for ALL 3 sensors.

Here is a typical tank monitoring system wiring with standard 'stud' sensors

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
these sensors get limed up with stuff in our water, most of them are not very accurate. to the best of my no how,theres no way to take them out and clean.