cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Frig won't ignite on propane

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Has always worked fine but suddenly won't ignite burner. Everything is clean and looks ok but I don't even see an ifniter. Thermocouple is good also. Propane tank is full and furnace and cook surface light. Norcold 1210 I think
9 REPLIES 9

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks Doug, I'll try that. Pro I have a commercial compressor and already blew it out real good, thanks.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
ferndale, I am sure you have tried this already, but when I had a similar problem, I put a thin nozzle on my air compressor and blasted away at the burner assembly.

It worked -- it must have been a particle of dirt.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Turn refer on AUTO, Disconnect the 120 cord behind refer. Disconnect the 12 volt supply wire from the control board for 5 seconds and reconnect. The refer will now attempt to run on LP. You do this and you do not need a 2nd person. Doug

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
OK---I could hear a click under the cover where all the wires come from, but at 81 I don't hear real well. No spark at the burner and I could not smell gas. Propane is full and battery is fully charged, I think. I will check that. Burner is a series of slots. I can only check when someone is here to turn it on, or switch from electric to propane at the refrigerator. Thanks everyone.

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure battery is fully charged. My fridge wonโ€™t light unless battery is over 90% even if plugged in to shore power.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Do you hear the igniter clicking?

Do you smell gas while it's trying to light?

Depending on the answers to either of those, is where you need to look at.

If you hear clicking and no gas, it's something with the gas valve solenoid or blocked line or?

If you smell gas, but no clicking, it's something with the igniter or whatever triggers it.

Good luck! Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Don't use metal items to clear orifice. Soak in alcohol and then use compressed air.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

check orifice and lines at heater for spider webs.. Use paperclip or pin to open if needed...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Late model refers use the same probe for the ignitor and flame sensor. Not many have thermo-couples!
I would inspect the ignitor assembly looking for cracks in the porcelain. Inspect the high voltage cable for damage.
Bad circuit board!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker