cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Frustrating slides

lovetotow
Explorer
Explorer
We have now owned this cruiser for 4yrs and 3 of those yrs we have had to have the middle slide repaired, guess what, gone again. I am not getting any answers from the repairs, the two repair facilities i have tried tell me they have little experiance with crossroads. It seems to me like regular driving on paved roads knocks the side off the track causing the motor to work but not connect, twice the motor has been replaced. There is also no way to manually crank the slide. Bigest question is anybody have any suggestions on repair that a fairly handy person can do himself to make this :?:M:h:? Usable. Thanks
Dale & Lynda
2018 ford F250 4x4
2011 cruiser 32bl 5th wheel
2 REPLIES 2

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
When you bring your slide in or out continue to hold the button down until you hear the motors kick out so that the motors stay synchronized. If you are doing that i do not have an answer for you.
Dennis Hoppert

troubledwaters
Explorer III
Explorer III
My guess is the slide has to come out so the problem can be diagnosed and properly fixed. Something isn't fitting right. It is not all that difficult to get the slide out, but depending on how big it is, you are going to need a large enclosed shop, a bunch of jack stands, support beams, and few really big dudes.